My Rick O'Connell, The Mummy outfit & Holster pattern

Very well done! At the beginning I thought that the pictures were from the movie, after I realised they were the actual 'cosplay'. Jawdropping.

Also, if anyone is struggling with the pistols:

These are great and is a great prop maker, unfortunately out my price range as I live in the UK

These are decent enough! They aren't quiiiiiiite accurate though - the grip is wrong and it's missing some details and it has the wrong shape. But close enough!!!

These are decent enough! They aren't quiiiiiiite accurate though - the grip is wrong and it's missing some details and it has the wrong shape. But close enough!!!
I know, I’ve been trawling the internet for info to build my own possibly, can’t find a selling in the U.K. or even Europe that makes anything, I’m tempted to scrap it and do dual 1911s for a Mummy returns look instead

I know, I’ve been trawling the internet for info to build my own possibly, can’t find a selling in the U.K. or even Europe that makes anything, I’m tempted to scrap it and do dual 1911s for a Mummy returns look instead

If you have a 3d printer or know someone local who does there is a free version online. I used this one to build my holsters while I was searching for resin castings: The Mummy - Rick O'Connel's Chamelot Delvigne 1873 Revolver

Thanks for all the help and guidance! Almost finished. Time to get in a sand the edges, make it look smooth when my cuts were a little off, weather it a little.

Didn’t have any luck on the revolvers so ended up modding and moulding some Halloween store cowboy guns, they aren’t all that good close up, but good enough for a Con, will bring the lever 1887 shotgun I have to compensate!
B051C135-0AD3-4F6B-8F1F-60E9AA25E834.jpeg
38476D9E-1A59-4C57-8E18-CA1C001E763A.jpeg

Thanks for all the help and guidance! Almost finished. Time to get in a sand the edges, make it look smooth when my cuts were a little off, weather it a little.

Didn’t have any luck on the revolvers so ended up modding and moulding some Halloween store cowboy guns, they aren’t all that good close up, but good enough for a Con, will bring the lever 1887 shotgun I have to compensate!

Looks amazing!!! Glad I could help!

The revolvers seem to do the trick! They are pretty rare even as replica resin castings.

After you sand the edges of the leather you should try burnishing it. I am not an expert but as far as I understand you basically take a wooden dowel and some beeswax or leather conditioner and run it along the edge so it lays smooth. I may have that completely wrong but it will give it the finished look if you do it right!

Glad the pattern worked out for you!

Looks amazing!!! Glad I could help!

The revolvers seem to do the trick! They are pretty rare even as replica resin castings.

After you sand the edges of the leather you should try burnishing it. I am not an expert but as far as I understand you basically take a wooden dowel and some beeswax or leather conditioner and run it along the edge so it lays smooth. I may have that completely wrong but it will give it the finished look if you do it right!

Glad the pattern worked out for you!
Thanks! I'll give that a try, leather work is a tough one!

Yeah tried a few 3D print companies, most wouldn't do it or quotes were crazy high!

Registered just to reply in this thread :D
Awesome cosplay, a real joy to look at!
I started making myself one too (well, planning\ 3D modeling stage for now) and hoped to use your leather pattern, if it's ok (i HATE making patterns by myself without additional pair hands nearby)
Also, do you have twitter\insta account so I can credit you?

I started making myself one too (well, planning\ 3D modeling stage for now) and hoped to use your leather pattern, if it's ok (i HATE making patterns by myself without additional pair hands nearby)

That's awesome you made an account just for this! And of course The pattern is here for others to use! I didn't include the little shoulder strap because it was so basic and wont fit everyone the same, so look out for that!

This is my instagram: Link
Twitter: Link

Literally finished my holsters last week, also happy to advise on what I found making it

That's awesome you made an account just for this! And of course The pattern is here for others to use! I didn't include the little shoulder strap because it was so basic and wont fit everyone the same, so look out for that!

This is my instagram: Link
Twitter: Link
Got it! Yeah, it happens that I have another cosplay with an almost identical shoulder strap, so that's not gonna be a problem

This pattern looks incredible! Thanks so much for posting it. Any chance I could get a width measurement on one of the straps? I just printed the pattern and wanted to make sure it didn’t screw up the scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back