My Rick O'Connell, The Mummy outfit & Holster pattern

Here are some updated pics from a recent shoot!

Shirt by Egon

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 10.06.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 10.04.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 10.04.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 10.03.45 PM.png

You two look great. I've been following your Anck Su Namun thread - some impressive detective work there (y)

Where did you get the sword? I've got the pistols (well 1 1/2 anyway, I'll finish the other eventually) having the sword too would make a cool set.

Wild!! These are awesome.
Thank you!!!
You two look great. I've been following your Anck Su Namun thread - some impressive detective work there (y)

Where did you get the sword? I've got the pistols (well 1 1/2 anyway, I'll finish the other eventually) having the sword too would make a cool set.
Thanks!!! And yeah I've been waaaay too deep on my obsession about replicating her costume, but man is it fun!!!!

And the sword file was my WandererTJ - they have an etsy, but the file isn't up there so shoot them a message! WandererTJ - Etsy

Very well done for sure:cool::cool:(y)(y)
Thank you!!!

So happy to be a small part of this project!
The photos are killer! I know how much work you put into this!
Thanks again, buddy!!!! That shirt is a masterpiece! I love the material and pattern. Really brilliant!

Amazing job! I know I am late to the party but wanted to see if you could comment on the boots. Tried searching around but it seemed like I was coming up with dead ends or premium leather boots for horse riding/ cowboy boots costing $300+. Is there a happy middle ground for comfortable boots you wear for cosplaying without wanting to buy a horse as well after :lol: ?

Would you also be able to recall the type of tea and timing for staining the shirt? Seems simple enough with the research I have done but with how good yours looks any extra information would be helpful! Thanks!

Amazing job! I know I am late to the party but wanted to see if you could comment on the boots. Tried searching around but it seemed like I was coming up with dead ends or premium leather boots for horse riding/ cowboy boots costing $300+. Is there a happy middle ground for comfortable boots you wear for cosplaying without wanting to buy a horse as well after :lol: ?

Would you also be able to recall the type of tea and timing for staining the shirt? Seems simple enough with the research I have done but with how good yours looks any extra information would be helpful! Thanks!
Hello!

What I did for the boots was use brown leather boots I already had and then bought gators/chaps in the same color to go over the top to make them look like long officer style boots

The tea staining I did in a big plastic bowl, I scrunched up the shirt lots so it would stain in varying patterns and just kept going and checking it till I liked the color

Good luck!

Hello!

What I did for the boots was use brown leather boots I already had and then bought gators/chaps in the same color to go over the top to make them look like long officer style boots

The tea staining I did in a big plastic bowl, I scrunched up the shirt lots so it would stain in varying patterns and just kept going and checking it till I liked the color

Good luck!
Interesting I did not know about these! That might help guide my searches a little more. Thank you very much!

Actually I found this guy on etsy just now from Pakistan who has good reviews and looks like it may be what I am after? There are a couple options for similar boots. Goes by the name of Michartinco and all of them are ~$150? Perhaps not the exact same style but could work?

Attachments

• il_1588xN.5919202477_ne2k.png
    il_1588xN.5919202477_ne2k.png
    947.8 KB · Views: 27
  • il_1588xN.5259950086_33l1.png
    il_1588xN.5259950086_33l1.png
    742.7 KB · Views: 28
  • il_1588xN.4672358437_2rq0.png
    il_1588xN.4672358437_2rq0.png
    822.8 KB · Views: 28
  • il_1588xN.4624082782_4sjd.png
    il_1588xN.4624082782_4sjd.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Interesting I did not know about these! That might help guide my searches a little more. Thank you very much!

Actually I found this guy on etsy just now from Pakistan who has good reviews and looks like it may be what I am after? There are a couple options for similar boots. Goes by the name of Michartinco and all of them are ~$150? Perhaps not the exact same style but could work?
I can't directly weigh in on the O'Connell side of things, but thanks for pointing out michartinco, I've been trying to find a decent Star Trek TOS boot and he might be able to put one together for a reasonable price. Options are good!

I just kept searching ebay for "brown field boots lace" "British officer boots" "Rocketeer boots" "British ww1 calvary boots" until I eventually found someone selling them for cheap (boots found in a barn that were filled with dead spiders... it was unpleasant to clean and restore.)

There are some VERY cheap cosplay versions on ebay if you search "Rick O'Connell boots" but they looks pretty cheap.

And for tea staining I just steeped a bunch of regular black tea bags and filled spray bottle with the cooled down tea and just went to town!

I just kept searching ebay for "brown field boots lace" "British officer boots" "Rocketeer boots" "British ww1 calvary boots" until I eventually found someone selling them for cheap (boots found in a barn that were filled with dead spiders... it was unpleasant to clean and restore.)

There are some VERY cheap cosplay versions on ebay if you search "Rick O'Connell boots" but they looks pretty cheap.

And for tea staining I just steeped a bunch of regular black tea bags and filled spray bottle with the cooled down tea and just went to town!

Hello there! Excellent work on your Rick cosplay. Please, tell me more about the sword.

I've not used 3D printed resins before so that's all new to me. I take it you had to finish and paint it yourself? If so, what did you use? Any lessons from that you can share? Thanks!

Back