My Kylo Ren Build WIP

So I had previously built the done from a pep file that I purchased. Then I made the face from scratch just to have something to draw on 3 dementionally. image.jpg

then I trimmed off the brow section a bit to make it more the shape of the screen used one.
image.jpg
I then traced the face shapes off of an image of the right cheek onto foam. Here's how it came out!
image.jpg

Thank you!! I don't mind sharing. I can take a picture of them a little later. Here's what it looks like now.

image.jpg

I got the two face layers done. I just have the left side of the face and the dome panels left. Then I can plasti dip it! I found a gun metal metallic plastidip style paint that works amazing!

I love how this is coming along! One thing I just noticed last night, thanks to this picture, is that beneath the "chrome" pieces on his cheeks there is actually fabric. Presumably for ventilation. You may want to consider making this addition to your mask, not so much for accuracy but just for sheer comfort! I found the perfect fabric at JoAnns, it's "Wuji Black Gabardine" according to the receipt.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your templates, these are going to be super helpful when I begin my build. Keep up the amazing work!

I love how this is coming along! One thing I just noticed last night, thanks to this picture, is that beneath the "chrome" pieces on his cheeks there is actually fabric. Presumably for ventilation. You may want to consider making this addition to your mask, not so much for accuracy but just for sheer comfort! I found the perfect fabric at JoAnns, it's "Wuji Black Gabardine" according to the receipt.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your templates, these are going to be super helpful when I begin my build. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! No problem. I thought I saw fabric as well but I figured it was justy wishful thinking! lol I have the areas for the fabric on my mask already. maybe once its painted I can cut them out and install some. Im kind of wondering if its the same fabric that is on the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man that is looking incredible. great work.

thanks!! :)

Thanks! No problem. I thought I saw fabric as well but I figured it was justy wishful thinking! lol I have the areas for the fabric on my mask already. maybe once its painted I can cut them out and install some. Im kind of wondering if its the same fabric that is on the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks!! :)

The theory I saw was that the "fabric" seen behind the eyes was just the mannequin head, the knit seemed to be going in a totally different direction and it was different fabric. I'm assuming that the eyes are a tinted visor much like a mandalorian, vader, or stormtrooper. But then that begs the question why wasn't it on the costume when it was on display..? But luckily that's a detail that can wait until later, maybe more information will come out!

The theory I saw was that the "fabric" seen behind the eyes was just the mannequin head, the knit seemed to be going in a totally different direction and it was different fabric. I'm assuming that the eyes are a tinted visor much like a mandalorian, vader, or stormtrooper. But then that begs the question why wasn't it on the costume when it was on display..? But luckily that's a detail that can wait until later, maybe more information will come out!

There has to be a visor of some sort. Without a visor you can see the foam padding for the forehead in some of the shots that have been taken at SWCA.

Are you constructing your mask out of foam or some kind of thermoform plastic? Either way it looks great :)

Its Eva foam like they use for Iron Man builds and such. Just the 99c craft foam from Michaels. And thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't tell if that was a mannequin head or not. I'm hoping it's a visor as well. I guess we will find out sooner or later.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back