My first Plasma caster and Bio

Mikey1

Hello. As a new member I have enjoyed the posts found on this forum and have been inspired to have a go and make something for my eventual Predator suit. This is my first attempt at building something like this, hope you guys and gals like it! :D

I started off with the targeting sight off a nerf gun. It provided a good starting point and was about the right size...
Photo0067.jpg

Now came the fun part, and out came the dremmel!
Photo0068.jpg

I used two lids from old spray cans to form the distinctive back piece...
Photo0069.jpg

Photo0070.jpg

Cardboard ribs were used to support a paper covering, which was brushed with neat pva glue to strengthen it, and then details made from card were attached... a hot glue gun was most usefull in this ! lol
Photo0071.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

Almost time for the paint shop. I modified the barrel by cutting the body to a curve and inserting the lid to an old games workshop paint pot and added a card fairing to help define the curve.
Photo0077.jpg

I then undercoat it using an automotive primer... final paint scheme to follow!
Photo0078.jpg

Photo0080.jpg

So, there we are for now, please feel free to comment. Apologies for the picture sizes and the image quality... Hopefully, next time I shall have mastered image posting! lol. Until next time.... ciao! :)

Damn all these custom Plasma Cannons are coming out of no where and I'm loving every minute of it. This is what the Hunter's Lair is all about great job man :D :)

Thanks for the comments, it's most encouraging. In fact, I have a mysteria P1 Bio coming which I now have a greater enthusiasm to work on. I'll probably paint the bio and caster together, so watch this space! :D

Howdy! Just a quick update. As you may have guessed by the extended title, I got something nice in the post yesterday. It's a Mysteria P1, which as I'm sure some of you know seem a little underscale. I got one of these because at 5' 7" tall I wanted to avoid the 'bobble head' effect of using a 1:1 designed for someone who was 7'! I get round the height by making my Pred a young hunter, one with few seasons to his name, so he'll have the basic weaponry and shorter dreads to, hopefully, show this. :)
Anyway, I started by cleanind up the cast of any flashing or overspill, one for the dremmel! I goes without saying that this was done in a well ventilated room with a mask and the hoover on and pointed at the mask because resin dust and loose glass fibres are a real bitch! Once done I also filled and sanded off the moulded bullet hole on the forehead and battle damage on the snout. I've still got to cut the eyes and tri-laser mount, then prime it and check for any imperfections before breaking out the 'ol airbrush..
Here's some pics.. enjoy! o_O
Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Update:
Ok, just a quick one before I go to work. I drilled out the eyes and laser housing, still gotta clean up and make good on these. I also gave it a couple of coats of primer so I could make a start on getting a good surface finish ready for painting. Got most of the flaws out and once the eyes and housing are done then a few more coats with the primer should see it done ready for painting.
Photo0089.jpg

I was wondering, should i line the inside of the bio? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Howdy folks. Just a quick update on my progress to date. Had a couple of days off work so I dug out my old airbrush and stripped and cleaned it. Now we're ready for action!
I decided to go for a black undercoat as I hope this will give the metal paint layer a nice and even finish. First up was my plasma caster as I wanted to refamiliarise myself with airbrushing before doing my bio. Now for some pics!

Firstly, the plasma caster.
Photo0100.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

And here's my bio.
Photo0097.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

That's all for now, till next time... :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back