My Eleventh Doctor costume Series 5 and 6

Nit-picking about what other people do is just my sad way of dealing with not being able to afford any screen accurate items myself. I'll try to stop. On another note, was the museum literally FILLED with kindergarten children when you were there GeneralFROSTY, or do they have holiday now? Because when i was there this easter, EVERY TIME i turned around a corner, a small regiment of school-kids would come screaming around. I don't know if i just came on some national "Go-to-a-museum" day, or if it's always like that.

Do you mean people like me when you mean "The Usual Suspects"? If so, i must say, i still tip my hat off to you, and envy you. That jacket really is amazing, and to think you now have atleast 2 screen accurate Shetland Tweed jackets, you are now CERTAINLY on my personal (secret) top 5 DW cosplayers list. Sorry to the (secret) cosplayer who got kicked out of the list.

Do you mean people like me when you mean "The Usual Suspects"? If so, i must say, i still tip my hat off to you, and envy you. That jacket really is amazing, and to think you now have atleast 2 screen accurate Shetland Tweed jackets, you are now CERTAINLY on my personal (secret) top 5 DW cosplayers list. Sorry to the (secret) cosplayer who got kicked out of the list.

Just joking, but yes - you are one of the usual suspects:), just meaning you have been a firm supporter of my thread and I thank you for that.

I'm nearly complete with getting together what I feel is the best money can buy for this costume.
I have a Utah shirt on order which should be arriving to me very soon and now with Risu's fantastic check-shirt fabric on Spoonflower soon ready to go, I should have a decent replica of that shirt by Summers end.

I knew the jacket looked like familiar work lol. Awesome, simply awesome my friend....Your other tweed was also very good so you are now lucky enough to own 2 jackets....

Was that (secret) cosplayer me lol........

Here is a swatch sample from Spoonflower.
This is the "check shirt" pattern designed by Risu.
I had the sample printed on their crossgrain fabric. Coupled with Risu's simulated herringbone texture, I think it looks pretty spot-on.
Only downside is the crossgrain fabric is pretty heavy, but fortunately, it's the overall look that counts.
Very well done Risu!
20120809_094718.jpg

I would advise against the twill on weight alone, but I also think it masks the faux herringbone. If you make a shirt out of that it will be unbearably warm and heavy.

follow this instructions easy as pie

Go to www.iTailor.com, select patterned fabric for the shirt and go to page 17, select the 6th fabric on the page, select long sleeve, box placket, box pleat, tab collar, no pocket, 1 button angle cuff, no contrast fabrics, white buttons and buttonholes, no monogram, then fill in your sizes. All in, it's about $50. (credit to ninja_risu for finding this option)
What is the fabric number? It doesn't appear to be on the 17th page of patterned fabric anymore so I want to make sure I get the correct pattern

What is the fabric number? It doesn't appear to be on the 17th page of patterned fabric anymore so I want to make sure I get the correct pattern

It's JUST at the start of page 22 now, not sure how to find the fabric number though.
There's also a fabric on the end of page 27, some people seem to prefer that one. I prefer the page 22 one though. But that's a matter of opinion.

It's JUST at the start of page 22 now, not sure how to find the fabric number though.
There's also a fabric on the end of page 27, some people seem to prefer that one. I prefer the page 22 one though. But that's a matter of opinion.
If you hover over the fabric it gives you a fabric number, is it the first one of page 22 that ends in #159 or the 3rd one over ending in #162

Thanks for your help!

Bump for opinions...

On the check shirt fabric? It's very good IMO but the herringbone pattern isn't right because all the lines are pointing the same way.

The lines should go

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

not

/ / / / / / / /
./ / / / / / /
/ / / / / / /

Personally I think for a costume this is more than close enough but I know some people are seeking 100% perfection.

If you hover over the fabric it gives you a fabric number, is it the first one of page 22 that ends in #159 or the 3rd one over ending in #162

Thanks for your help!

I'd personally suggest the one ending in 159, but i have seen people who prefer 162. The majority seems to go for 159 though. I'd say you should go for that one.

I will say General, that your 11th Doctor costume has inspired me to try it out as well, just won and received this magnificent Donegal tweed jacket on Ebay for $25.00, ($35.00 if you include shipping.) And now I have a decent costume put together. I do have a question, what bow would you use for the s5 Navy bow tie?

Thanks, splendid work by the way.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back