My DDC Defender build

TI6815

Hi RPF
I build a lot of STAR WARS Blaster but the DDC Defender from Princess Leia was never build before.
I´m very glad to find a deactivated Margolin Sport Pistol. Much more expensive than a working gund :D

I build a Duplo Brick Wall for the Mold and add clay to make a clean double sided silicone mold.

now a lot of silicone !

the first cast comes out very clean !

After the Paintjob ... I got a new gun :D

Have Fun!
Kai

Welcome to the RPF...nice to see another german prop builder here :)

Actually the DDCD has been built numerous times, even based on real Margolin pistols. I sold about a dozen of deactivated guns to RPF members all around the world plus about 20-30 casts. Having an unlimited run of Margolin kits ongoing currently....

Reg. the blaster you built.... you did well, but I heavily recommend to change the coiled wire to a thicker, more accurate one. Did you use the correct TomTit engine grill, a DEC replica or what? Somehow the compensator seems to small...it´s O.D. should line up with the I.D. of the TomTit grill (well, the "body" of the grill, where the fins attach to. Don´t know how to explain it better)

Do you plan to build the ROTJ DDCD with the real pistol???

Looking forward to your future projects!

Markus :)

Last edited:
Nice. I think there are tiny differences between Kai's and Markus' guns.

BTW. I saw yet another deactivated Margolin at a German gun auction site a month ago - I wonder if it was someone here who got it.
Unfortunately, I can't legally buy even deactivated guns in my country without a license.

Last edited:
Nice. I think there are tiny differences between Kai's and Markus' guns.

BTW. I saw yet another deactivated Margolin on egun.de a month ago - I wonder if it was someone here who got it.
Unfortunately, I can't legally buy even deactivated guns in my country without a license.

there are quite a few possible differences when it comes to the Margolin
- different body/ receiver...some have a longer rear end (thumb rest) for better balance
- different slides
- barrel with or without threaded front for adding a compensator
- compensator length
- length of the front sight
- different slide locks
- different grip shells
- different magazines

Markus

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back