My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Re: LEIA ADDED! Blasters on the bench: Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

Got it. Thanks so much. It's perfect and I really appreciate the bonus pieces.

Glad you like them. Wasn´t sure what could be useful for you, so i´ve gone for one more generic and one more specialized. :wacko

Re: UPGRADED GK - Builds: Leia, Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17, Youngling, mor

I've got to ask ... Have you got the scope knobs mounted the right way round on Compac Scope?

I thought the sloped/rounded part was behind the knobs?

Right, the slope is to the rear.

Okay... let's try this again.

IMG_2593.JPGIMG_2592.JPG

Re: UPGRADED GK - Builds: Leia, Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17, Youngling, mor

Perfect :)

now thats a damn fine looking GK,

really nice build & the grips & weathering are great

My next project is the Anakin Starkiller V2 hilt. I have all the parts, and the paint stencil. I have to admit, that my heart is not into this project. I think it is a combination of things. First off the the pommel was not cut properly and as a result, git jammed in the hilt. I had to get help getting it removed. When I tried to do it on my own, I ended up marring the pommel. I also do not look forward to prepping and applying the stencils. Seems like a lot can go wrong.

IMG_2606.jpg

Last edited:
Re: V2 added - Builds: Leia, Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17, Youngling, more

Anakin Starkiller's you mean? Try this (if you can)

Sand the inside of the body where the pommel goes in. Eventually the pommel will slide right in, and rotate as it should. You might be able to smooth out any dings in the pommel too.

I personally didn't use stencils because I went AFB, but you can also scrape away paint and eventually get similar results to the stencils. I recommend spinning the emitter and holding sandpaper in one spot to get the rim sanded the same width all around.

Re: V2 added - Builds: Leia, Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17, Youngling, more

Anakin Starkiller's you mean? Try this (if you can)

Sand the inside of the body where the pommel goes in. Eventually the pommel will slide right in, and rotate as it should. You might be able to smooth out any dings in the pommel too.

I personally didn't use stencils because I went AFB, but you can also scrape away paint and eventually get similar results to the stencils. I recommend spinning the emitter and holding sandpaper in one spot to get the rim sanded the same width all around.

Thanks, I made the name change, was thinking about the GK parts.

The pommel fits now because I had Bobdebt un-jam it and make the mod. He also did the hole for the mystery chunk. I'm not going to worry too much about the marring as. I hope it will blend in with the weathered look.

Throw it into a bucket of nails and other random, metal, chunky bits and after shaking it up, you'll never know it's there!:D

Thanks, I made the name change, was thinking about the GK parts.

The pommel fits now because I had Bobdebt un-jam it and make the mod. He also did the hole for the mystery chunk. I'm not going to worry too much about the marring as. I hope it will blend in with the weathered look.

The mystery chunk hole is not there to begin with??????

My next project is the Anakin Starkiller V2 hilt. I have all the parts, and the paint stencil. I have to admit, that my heart is not into this project. I think it is a combination of things. First off the the pommel was not cut properly and as a result, git jammed in the hilt. I had to get help getting it removed. When I tried to do it on my own, I ended up marring the pommel. I also do not look forward to prepping and applying the stencils. Seems like a lot can go wrong.

View attachment 531094

Too bad about the pommel getting stuck, but I can tell you that applying the stencils is not a big deal at all.
The only thing I found complicated is to ensure all the small "islands" of the stencil staying on the backing paper/ on the saber when removing the colored parts/ the backing tape.
Otherwise it´s just an hour of work, including painting the saber!

Will have to drill the hole for the square head screw myself, but have to double-check where it goes first

Sorry to hear, MJF.

If there wouldnt be the high shipping, i would offer to send me those parts and i would work them over.

Re: Yavin Medal added - Builds: Many Blasters and More

Here is a project I wanted to do for a while. It a Yavin Medal that came with the Museum Replica Luke Ceremonial Jacket. I sold the jacket but kept the medal.

Not a major project but I wanted to swap out the ugly nylon strap and replace it with the accurate British uniform wool tie.

Before:
IMG_2682.jpg

After:
IMG_2683.jpg

The V2 is done. Besides buying and collecting the various parts, I had no hand in the stunning results. I would like to thank Trooper Trent for stepping in and getting me through this rough patch as I explained in post above.

Here it is:

IMG_2685.JPGIMG_2686.JPG

Here is a project I wanted to do for a while. It a Yavin Medal that came with the Museum Replica Luke Ceremonial Jacket. I sold the jacket but kept the medal.

Not a major project but I wanted to swap out the ugly nylon strap and replace it with the accurate British uniform wool tie.

Before:
View attachment 557285

After:
View attachment 557286

Have you had that british Tie for awhile? I haven't been able to find any ever since we did the pewter ones back in 2008ish

Just finished a Leia Ceremonial Necklace. The origins of the project started here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239400
attachment.php

attachment.php

It is a very low budget project using polished white plastic 3D prints from Shapeways.

I used a textured silver paint over black primer and black gloss paint. The combination worked well to hide print lines. The real prop has texture. Maybe not so much like the paint but I am pleased with the outcome as i did not want to do a chrome type paint nor just a simple silver/aluminum paint job.

I think with using some Shapeway free shipping promotions, delayed printing discounts, and AC Moore 55% off coupons + 15% off Military Discount. The whole thing came in under $30.

Right now it is simply a display piece as I did not include anytime of a fastening device.

attachment.php

The finished paint job looks much better in person not nearly as rough as the photos make it out.

One last picture with better lighting:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back