Munson's Custom Cannon Contest Entry

munson

I've always asked myself: "If the Falconer Predator had a cannon, what would it look like?

So, why not sculpt one.

I'll be using Van Akin medium clay. For the design, I'm going to use the Falconer's own Falcon for a base to gain inspiration and the overall look will/might/possibly fit alongside it. The Falconer's falcon's wings retracted, so I might make a two part cannon that will retract/fold into a more compact design. However, I need to make an armature to start with.

I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

My experience with clay/molding/casting/painting has been here on the lair. I've sculpted a few bios [Falconer and Skorpion] and working on 1:1 P1 skull, as well as some tracker armor. I have also sculpted/molded/cast/painted the berzerker boots, tracker shins, and berzerker dread beads.

Get out of my brain munson!! Lol I had the same basic idea of a falcon probe inspired cannon. I'm curious to see your take on it. :)

Well, this will certainly be interesting if both of you end up giving your take on the Falconer cannon! I had a chance to see the Berseker cannon in person and it was extremely impressive. It was a complete computer and 3D print build. You could still see the print lines in the final piece, and unlike the P1 and P2 cannons, it was perfect, without any organic look to it at all... but then, that is what you get when you go with a CAD developed item. You lose the organic touch, but gain perfect machined looking pieces.

Looking forward to it!

Get out of my brain munson!! Lol I had the same basic idea of a falcon probe inspired cannon. I'm curious to see your take on it. :)

I always wondered that too, the "What if" approach to the Falconer having a cannon. You're off to a great start. I'll start mine tomorrow after work, or maybe Monday.

Well, this will certainly be interesting if both of you end up giving your take on the Falconer cannon! I had a chance to see the Berseker cannon in person and it was extremely impressive. It was a complete computer and 3D print build. You could still see the print lines in the final piece, and unlike the P1 and P2 cannons, it was perfect, without any organic look to it at all... but then, that is what you get when you go with a CAD developed item. You lose the organic touch, but gain perfect machined looking pieces.

Looking forward to it!

Interesting indeed. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back