MR Fett

soltic

Dying to know what's up w/ this lid.

Colors seem to be close but outside that there's no wavy brow, proper weathering etc. etc.

Was the original laser scanned????

Anyone?????

-Rod

It is a mock-up prototype, I'm sure that the final product will be more accurate.... The photos that were posted had some of the detail drowned out by the lighting and the flask of the camera....

Any ideas what they're basing their measurements on - I know LFL grants MR exposure to real props but was there molds taken from the original - was it scanned?

Originally posted by allosaur176@Feb 15 2006, 03:20 PM
It is a mock-up prototype, I'm sure that the final product will be more accurate....  The photos that were posted had some of the detail drowned out by the lighting and the flask of the camera....
[snapback]1184981[/snapback]​

Also keep in mind what MR said about thier Stormie helmet. They took the orginal scaned it cleaned it up and made it symetrical. So Suspect that the MR Fett will be treated with the same manner. So it will be symetrical so it will probably look a bit weird.

Also the process of making these helmets symmetrical is sort of unusual. They don't just pick their favorite side and mirror it...............they actually combine each side with it's opposite side to create a truly symmetrical helmet that keeps the properties of both sides. That is a pretty unique process. The end result should look really clean and even, yet retain the original prop's properties.

Most companies tend to just mirror the cleanest side of the object and just be done with it.

The paint ops don't look horrid on the prototype, but I'd bet good $$ MR will still improve upon it before releasing it. If I'm not mistaken, that little silver doodad on the one cheek is machined. That in itself is a cool feature if it's true. :)

Dave

Originally posted by jordankarr@Feb 15 2006, 03:28 PM
Also keep in mind what MR said about thier Stormie helmet.  They took the orginal scaned it cleaned it up and made it symetrical.  So Suspect that the MR Fett will be treated with the same manner.  So it will be symetrical so it will probably look a bit weird.
[snapback]1184992[/snapback]​

Edit: See post above.

Originally posted by tylerdurden_soap_maker@Feb 15 2006, 12:19 PM
The MR Fett helmet is being discussed at TDH:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=11416

I'm a little confused - that TDH thread is apparently a "re"thread - it looks like the original thread which discussed "templates" has been erased due to CoC respect issues......

I would have loved to have read what that original thread contained - especially FP's thoughts on the matter..... could that thread have not been edited?

-Rod

I was waiting for this thread..... :lol

Yeah Ive got a feeling it will be sanitized as 99% of the population --many of whom are uber fett fans----dont even realize it was cast off a football helmet, so that tells you a lot right there.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 15 2006, 01:52 PM
----dont even realize it was cast off a football helmet, so that tells  you a lot right there.
[snapback]1185132[/snapback]​

:lol :lol :lol

Wait a minute, sayswhoziwhat?? :confused

Geez, owned my MSH2 for some time now, did lots of research, but never in my day did I hear that.

Missed the boat again?? Seriously, I remember discussion that it was assumed to be military related dome....

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 15 2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah Ive got a feeling it will be sanitized

It was not "sanitized" like the MR trooper bucket although some necessary cleanup work from the scan had to be done.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 15 2006, 05:52 PM
-many of whom are uber fett fans----dont even realize it was cast off a football helmet, so that tells  you a lot right there.
[snapback]1185132[/snapback]​

Proof?

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Feb 15 2006, 02:28 PM

It was not "sanitized" like the MR trooper bucket although some necessary cleanup work from the scan had to be done.

[snapback]1185178[/snapback]​

So then the original was scanned?

Cleaned up bugs me though.

How is the helmet being advertised? That would seem to be a huge factor in all this. Ya know, "A" Fett helmet or Boba Fett helmet

vs.

ESB Fett helmet

vs.

ROTJ Fett helmet

vs.

SE Fett helmet

vs.

LFL archive shelf helmet

vs.

Ridell. :p

Originally posted by soltic@Feb 15 2006, 11:36 AM
[snapback]1185185[/snapback]​
Just like an AA action figure :D

No danger to the original prop, and still completely accurate to, what was the estimate, .5mm?

I think it'd be better budgetwise than an original sculpt and would appease the fans by being accurate to the original (well... until they start to idealize it). And I'm sure 'ol Georgie'd feel more comfy with scans instead of molds

Yes, the PP3 was scanned and the helmet is being painted ESB style.

Originally posted by soltic+Feb 15 2006, 06:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soltic @ Feb 15 2006, 06:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Brak's Buddy
@Feb 15 2006, 02:28 PM

[snapback]1185178[/snapback]​

[snapback]1185185[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 15 2006, 02:37 PM

ESB Fett helmet

vs.

SE Fett helmet

[snapback]1185186[/snapback]​

Am I missing the boat again, or falling for someone's sense of humor - I thought that SE Fett incorporated the ESB bucket w/ the ROTJ armor / gaunts etc....

I wasn't aware of an SE bucket.

PP3 = Preproduction? Is this the one that was in private hands?

Ok, so MR took scans but ...still confused re the above.... :rolleyes

Correct, there is no SE helmet per se. The helmet used in ROTJ SE and subsequent promotional events and pictures is the ESB hero, which has been on tour at AOSW exhibits.

The Preproduction three helmet is the one Joe Johnston is sanding/painting in Chronicles. It is obviously still in the archives.

prepro37lh.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back