MR Falcon

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by Pauleysolo, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does anyone know, has there been any new info on this like release dates? When going up for sale?Approximate pricing?

They seemed pretty far along on the prototype so I would hope it would be soon.

2. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

Money, money, money, money,... money...

B)

3. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm guessing around the same price as the new MR Enterprise...but maybe a little more.

I don't know where I'm going to put it...but it's a must have.

4. GroundskeeperWillie

GroundskeeperWillie Well-Known Member

Oh man BRING IT ON. I can't wait for this. I've been talking about it around the wife for the last 8 months and I've subtly gone from talking about 'I wish I could get it' to 'WHEN I get it' and she hasn't called me on it yet. We'll see what happens when the preorder comes around but I'm hoping it's a foregone conclusion at this point that I'll be getting this bad boy.

5. Eagle

Eagle Sr Member

An absolute must, this.

BUT - will it be landing gear down?.....

6. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Eagle @ Jun 22 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1266112[/snapback]</div>
    I don't believe it will have landing gear. All of the pictures shown so far have had it mounted on a rod in the bottom gunwell.

http://masterreplicas.com/pub/falcondevelopment14.jpg

Bruce

7. Eagle

Eagle Sr Member

Hmm, that's disappointing. :(

Wish MR would do a 44" Eagle...

8. BladeMasterFemme

BladeMasterFemme New Member

Maybe there will be an update at SDCC?

9. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(BladeMasterFemme @ Jun 24 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]1267101[/snapback]</div>
    OHHH ...there will be a big update to be sure..

10. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Big update... oh, I cannot wait. Very eager to hear whatever new news there is worth sharing.

11. Pauleysolo

I have a feeling the MR falcon paint prototype will make an appearance...perhaps my insight will serve me well. I will be there so- if it does I will take some Hi Res pictures

12. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

The Falcon is being unveiled to the public at Comic Con.

Bring your cameras. :D

Barry

13. Duck9000

Duck9000 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see it. :)

14. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

and lets not forget about the "Harrison Ford signed edition."

NWJEDI
    dave

which is a guess .. heheheh

15. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(nwjedidave @ Jun 24 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]1267349[/snapback]</div>

16. Boxster

Boxster Well-Known Member

Oh cool... A Harrison Ford signed edition... Maybe if Chewie can sign it with a print of his paw, that will complete it. I wonder if they have installment plans for this edition?

B

17. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

Anyone ?????????????

18. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

Bump ???????

19. Dymerski

<div class='quotetop'>(aljf @ Jul 10 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1278072[/snapback]</div>
    here is a look see at it...see it in the background behind my custom sculpt Chewie and Han. :D You can see it all over the place after Comiccon later this month :thumbsup

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/2_12.jpg[/image]

20. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

THANKS DEAN...

I had a feeling it would be widely seen soon. We are all drooling with anticipation..

21. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Dymerski @ Jul 10 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1278143[/snapback]</div>
    here is a look see at it...see it in the background behind my custom sculpt Chewie and Han. :D You can see it all over the place after Comiccon later this month :thumbsup

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/2_12.jpg[/image]
    [/b][/quote]

Love the look of the custom figs.

Are they for your personal Artists' Proof or for all production models (hope*hope)?

Bruce

22. Stormy320

That would be killer if they make it into the MR model.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

23. Dymerski

Sorry guys... :cry ...those are for my private Falcon...MR Falcon has no figures, BUT...it is JUST AS SICKLY AMAZING with out them. :D :D :D :D
    Dean

24. Pauleysolo

Please cast those figures..

25. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

That would be nice

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Jul 13 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1279705[/snapback]</div>

26. aljf

aljf Well-Known Member

Anyone know the price on this yet :cry :cry

27. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(aljf @ Jul 15 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1281482[/snapback]</div>
    It probably will be made known shortly after Comic Con,.. where it is getting unveiled so to speak. It may even be made known there. I would bet around 2K.. possibly a bit more, but hopefully not. :confused I am dying to know as well. ;) Hopefully it will be known soon. :)

28. Stormy320

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jul 15 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]1281486[/snapback]</div>
    It probably will be made known shortly after Comic Con,.. where it is getting unveiled so to speak. It may even be made known there. I would bet around 2K.. possibly a bit more, but hopefully not. :confused I am dying to know as well. ;) Hopefully it will be known soon. :)
    [/b][/quote]

2k - No way - I would guess around $1500.

29. Eagle

Eagle Sr Member

$1750

But I'd gladly pay $2k if it had landing legs/ramps down...

30. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Itchin' to see som epics from SDCC.

31. szarchie

szarchie New Member

Falcon was on display at the Comic Con. It will be $2199 and should be available for preorder in Aug. Looks amazing and is huge.

Cheers

Archie

32. barbatus

barbatus Well-Known Member

33. Dymerski

<div class='quotetop'>(barbatus @ Jul 20 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1284339[/snapback]</div>
    HOLY CRAP... I think that is a production version based off of my paint master...I can tell in areas that it is not mine...WOW.... They NAILED it ...
    Dean

34. cking

cking Sr Member

I was just about to ask if those are pics of the production paintjob Dean.
    If this is representative of the production piece, I'll be VERY happy.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Dymerski @ Jul 20 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1284356[/snapback]</div>

35. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

36. imaginager

imaginager Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What's the word on a signature edition? Pretty sure I read that somewhere, maybe another board. Was that just talk...?

37. 1138

1138 Well-Known Member

Now that looks absolutely fantastic.. :thumbsup :thumbsup

CONGRATS to eveyone involved... it looks like they really did Dean's paint master justice. God, I cant wait to have this thing sitting in my display room. And for far less that than the $3k I was expecting, there might actually be hope now of getting this past my wife :angel

Call out to Frank and Moe... how would you scale absolute detail accuracy on the bird? Say on a scale of 1 to 100. I'm not trying to rivet count but am curious around what % of parts had to be scratched... for example, it looks like the "pintle" parts that connect to the engine "vectors" have more detail on them than ref pics I've seen. But since you guys had the ultimate in ref pics, just wondering if those are accurate kit parts or are idealized? Again, not at all a criticism, the bird looks absolutely unbelievably phenomenal.. :cheers

38. Howard

Howard Sr Member

Oh NO - the Enterprise has gridlines on the primary hull - please tell me that's not the final product.

As for the Falcon - :eek

Howard - soon to be divorced and living on the street beside two very nice SS replicas.

39. Dymerski

Call out to Frank and Moe... how would you scale absolute detail accuracy on the bird? Say on a scale of 1 to 100. I'm not trying to rivet count but am curious around what % of parts had to be scratched... for example, it looks like the "pintle" parts that connect to the engine "vectors" have more detail on them than ref pics I've seen. But since you guys had the ultimate in ref pics, just wondering if those are accurate kit parts or are idealized? Again, not at all a criticism, the bird looks absolutely unbelievably phenomenal.. :cheers
    [/quote]

As one who stared at hundreds of pics, matching the paint work...using refrence points on the screen used to apply to the MRF...this thing is 99.9% dead on...it is STUNNING....there is sooooo much work that went into the master and soooo many parts in this baby I am surprised it is NOT a grand more. I did not give it 100% for MINOR silly things like a missing notch in one of the panells....

It is SOLID... well built...HEAVY... BIG.... and just great..

Dean

40. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(szarchie @ Jul 20 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1284312[/snapback]</div>
    HA... I win the prize on pricing guess.

41. eFXBarry

That's the factory paintjob alright.

Dean had painted one for display at Comic Con (a beautiful job, as always) but last Thursday the factory version arrived and we were stunned. Not only is it on the base at the angle we wanted, the paint job is amazingly close to Dean's paint master. After the happy dance, we decided this had to be the one on display, since it more accurately depicts what you'll get for your money.

As for accuracy...It's very, Very, VERY close to original. This thing is awesome. Frank and Moe, Larry and Bryan and Dean did a heck of a job on this bird, not to forget the incredible team of model makers in China who built this baby.

Way to go guys.

Barry

PS The Enterprise does not have lones on the hull in the production version. We tried to see if we could get extremely thin lines on the saucer to assist with the painting of the piece, but it wasn't possible to get them as small as we desired. The only reason they're on the piece that is on display at Comic Con, is because this is the latest lit, and painted engineering sample, with the correct tan weathering on the saucer.

42. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Im not a replica fan......but that model is absolutely beautiful. Good job Master Replicas.

43. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

BTW.. aside from something interesting catching my eye about the rear in another pic I viewed... the Falcon came out awesome. It must be a camera angle thing that my eyes are tripping on. wierd.

Now,... when, when, WHEN? :confused :D

I am definitely there with the rest of the masses. :p

44. eFXBarry

The factory Comic Con Millennium Falcon.

Barry

[​IMG]

45. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Barry @ Jul 20 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]1284519[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Barry.

Man that is SWEEEEEEEEEET...

46. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Barry, you did an excellent job.

I can't wait to get this.

47. Pauleysolo

WOW...

Just Wow.

I am definitely getting one. Well Done MR--your reputation is secure. :eek

48. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

Awesome...

Tim

49. Duck9000

Duck9000 Well-Known Member

I just got this message from MR

$2199

Collectors Society On Sale:
    July 25, 2006
    ( 9:00 am Pacific Time)

General Public On Sale Date:
    July 27, 2006
    (9:00 am Pacific Time)

Expected to Begin Shipping:
    Late Winter
    He's flown from one side of the galaxy to the other and seen a lot of strange things but Han Solo has never seen a replica of his famous starship like this...

Collaborating with Lucasfilm, team Master Replicas utilized digital scans from the actual special effects miniature, Falcon experts with years of research knowledge, and master model makers using hundreds of original model kit parts to produce a replica so jaw-droppingly amazing, you'd think you could climb onboard and elude any number of Imperial entanglements.

Destined to become the centerpiece of any fan's collection, our extraordinary Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica measures an unbelievable 32" x 24" x 6" (an exact copy of the filming miniature), and features -

Dimensions and geometry taken from the actual studio miniature
    Internal metal armature to ensure long term structural integrity
    Quality resin and injection molded ABS construction
    Authentic surface details replicating the hundreds of model kit parts used on the original miniature
    Illuminating headlights, cockpit detail, and engine effect
    Authentic battle worn and weathered paint scheme
    Universal AC Power Adapter (USA plug)
    Museum quality display stand with mirrored case
    Prop story, numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity
    Limited to only 1500 pieces worldwide
    But be quick, the Studio Scale replica Star Wars fans have dreamed of can make point five past lightspeed. Order yours today, fair and square, and avoid playing a heated sabacc game to get your hands on this beauty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time ever Harrison Ford has agreed to add his signature to a licensed Star Wars product and Master Replicas is proud to announce that it's our spectacular Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica.
    Yes, order your Signature Edition of the Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica and receive our sensational replica accompanied by a special plaque signed by the world famous actor who portrayed her legendary captain, Han Solo.

With a low edition size of only 500 pieces, this Signature Edition is sure to become one of the most sought after Star Wars collectibles of all time.
    $2799

Collectors Society On Sale:
    July 25, 2006

General Public On Sale Date:
    July 27, 2006

Expected to Begin Shipping:
    Late Winter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your crew at Master Replicas.

www.masterreplicas.com or call 1-866-REPLIKA
    To unsubscribe, click here

<div class='quotetop'>(szarchie @ Jul 20 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]1284312[/snapback]</div>
    Yes and $2.799 for the Signature Edition :eek :cry

50. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

Not suprised but out of my price range :cry

Really was hoping MR would have had a payment plan in place for this one.

Jim