Movies/Shows that are SO bad that you blindly keep watching them!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Monster Dave, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Hey Everyone!

So I don't know what came over me this morning, but I was looking for something to watch on TV and saw Top Gear was on. Paying no attention to the channel, I tuned in only to discover that it was Top Gear USA...:facepalm

Needless to say, we love BBC Top Gear....after only a few minutes of having TG USA on, my fiancee looked at me and said that she felt bad for me for having to watch such lousy programming!!

Anyway, after an hour and multiple times saying to myself that I needed to change to something else, I found myself STILL watching it and thinking..."this HAS to get better..." ...but it never did... [​IMG]

So I got to thinking, what movies or shows have you guys/gals watched that lend themselves to this sort of ill-fated optimism??

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It's bad for Star Trek, it's bad in on itself, but I can't help but keep watching it. Even though I never want another product like TMP again, I still love it.

3. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Haven't in a while, but sometime in the last decade I watched TWO ENTIRE seasons of The Real Gilligan's Island "reality" show.

It was SO bad, and SO staged, I'm embarrassed writing this post.

My only fond memory of it was Nicole Eggert as "The Movie Star" Ginger.

The Wook

4. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I also suffered through the most recent incarnation of Knight Rider when the pilot aired...there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back...

5. VaultUK

VaultUK Well-Known Member

The cape I just kept watching it thinking it will get better but it didn't

6. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Almost any Sy-Fy movie. Gads they are awful......and yet I can't stop watching them once I start.

Mostly in amazement that someone thought this would be a good idea. The horribly cheesy cgi effects. The horrible sets. The casts.

A rational person would change the channel. But nooooooo.

7. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

:lol

I'm a firm believer that when they changed the name to "Sy-Fy" they lost all claims to reputable programming!

8. iycis

iycis Sr Member

Once Upon a Time. I think its crap but I still watch it and I haven't found anything better on at 8pm on Sundays.

9. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sons of guns. thought it was gonna be a great show about gun builds, but has turned into herp/derp fighting with little gun building.

10. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

Terminator Salvation.

I thought this movie was bad from the get-go. Kept getting worse until about halfway through (when Marcus escapes with help from Blair)- at that point I wanted to just get up and walk out.

But I didn't as I still had "some" blind hope the film would improve, even just a wee bit...

I stayed for the heart transplant.

Never before had I ever wanted two hours of my life back so much. :facepalm [​IMG]

I stayed for the heart transplant. :cry

Kevin

11. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

Pretty much anything on Animal Planet. "Too Cute" Yep, I'll watch that. "It's me or the dog" Guilty. "Planet's funniest animals" Sign me up.

12. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Full metal jousting...all those history channel shows that have nothing to do with history.

13. GINO

GINO Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Smallville, when it was on.

14. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Totally scripted shows like Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp People, Operation Repo, etc... rope me in all the time and each time I say to myself, "why did I just watch that??".

Once great channels like History and A&E have really gone down hill in recent years.

Movies like Terminator Salvation I want to be good soooo bad, and I watch them over and over hoping I'll find some redeeming quality but never do.

15. mothmonty

mothmonty Well-Known Member

SW ep II and ep III, soooo bad but I want them to be good

16. JoeG

JoeG Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2 Broke Girls. I have no idea why I keep watching this show.

[​IMG]

17. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^

:lol

I almost posted a reply and then got your joke!!

18. IndyBlues

IndyBlues Sr Member

There are two big reasons to watch Two Broke Girls, lol.

Chillerama on Netflix streaming was extremely bad, but I couldn't stop watching. That film is about as schlocky as you can get.
    Mike

19. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

hey, 2 broke girls is ridiculously funny :D i love that show

20. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Wow, Im really digging Once upon a time. Two broke girls has its moments, but im in mainly for Kat denning's rack. dont tell my wife.

21. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

22. murphy

murphy New Member

Judge Dredd... My brother went to see it with me in the theater....and has never let me live it down. He still says he wanted to punch me in the face for that one.

23. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Maybe you'll be able to redeem yourself with him by taking him to the NEW Dredd!!

24. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

ROCKY V. My dad introduced me to the films one day, and I watched them all one after another. My dad didn't bother to warn me of the suckage that was Rocky V. As I watched it for the first time, I desperately hoped it would get better. But it didn't. It only got worse.

Same thing with the third TMNT movie. God, even as a 10 year old, I knew that movie SUCKED. Biggest dissapointment of my childhood.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and add the Double Dragon movie to that list. I begged my dad to take me to see it in theaters, since I was such a huge fan of the games. Holy CRAP... if you've never seen it, please, watch it. I'm serious. It's one of those movies that are so bad, they're hilarious.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012