Movies/Shows that are SO bad that you blindly keep watching them!!

Monster Dave

Sr Member
Hey Everyone!

So I don't know what came over me this morning, but I was looking for something to watch on TV and saw Top Gear was on. Paying no attention to the channel, I tuned in only to discover that it was Top Gear USA...:facepalm

Needless to say, we love BBC Top Gear....after only a few minutes of having TG USA on, my fiancee looked at me and said that she felt bad for me for having to watch such lousy programming!!

Anyway, after an hour and multiple times saying to myself that I needed to change to something else, I found myself STILL watching it and thinking..."this HAS to get better..." ...but it never did...
smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

So I got to thinking, what movies or shows have you guys/gals watched that lend themselves to this sort of ill-fated optimism??

Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It's bad for Star Trek, it's bad in on itself, but I can't help but keep watching it. Even though I never want another product like TMP again, I still love it.

Haven't in a while, but sometime in the last decade I watched TWO ENTIRE seasons of The Real Gilligan's Island "reality" show.

It was SO bad, and SO staged, I'm embarrassed writing this post.

My only fond memory of it was Nicole Eggert as "The Movie Star" Ginger.

The Wook

I also suffered through the most recent incarnation of Knight Rider when the pilot aired...there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back...

Almost any Sy-Fy movie. Gads they are awful......and yet I can't stop watching them once I start.

Mostly in amazement that someone thought this would be a good idea. The horribly cheesy cgi effects. The horrible sets. The casts.

A rational person would change the channel. But nooooooo.

Once Upon a Time. I think its crap but I still watch it and I haven't found anything better on at 8pm on Sundays.

Sons of guns. thought it was gonna be a great show about gun builds, but has turned into herp/derp fighting with little gun building.

Terminator Salvation.

I thought this movie was bad from the get-go. Kept getting worse until about halfway through (when Marcus escapes with help from Blair)- at that point I wanted to just get up and walk out.

But I didn't as I still had "some" blind hope the film would improve, even just a wee bit...

I stayed for the heart transplant.

Never before had I ever wanted two hours of my life back so much. :facepalm
smiley-banghead.gif

I stayed for the heart transplant. :cry

Kevin

Pretty much anything on Animal Planet. "Too Cute" Yep, I'll watch that. "It's me or the dog" Guilty. "Planet's funniest animals" Sign me up.

Totally scripted shows like Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp People, Operation Repo, etc... rope me in all the time and each time I say to myself, "why did I just watch that??".

Once great channels like History and A&E have really gone down hill in recent years.

Movies like Terminator Salvation I want to be good soooo bad, and I watch them over and over hoping I'll find some redeeming quality but never do.

There are two big reasons to watch Two Broke Girls, lol.

Chillerama on Netflix streaming was extremely bad, but I couldn't stop watching. That film is about as schlocky as you can get.
Mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back