Alternate Versions of Movies for TV that You Remember

I remember seeing Star Trek VI with the colonel West subplot intact, it may have been TV or VHS.
I distinctly remember René Auberjonois delivering the ”clean their chronometers“ line, and Michael Dorn’s “this is not Klingon blood” line. I watched the film on streaming a few days ago and was surprised to find those scenes cut.

I swear I remember seeing a trailer/commercial for the 1984 movie Dreamscape (starring Dennis Quaid) that had a lightsaber in it, but I saw the movie (on tv) years later and didn't see any lightsabers. I just found an ad for it on youtube, and finally realized I probably misinterpreted whatever is being whipped around at the 18 second mark as being a lightsaber. But in my mind, I swear I remember seeing Dennis Quaid ignite a lightsaber while he's on a train.
Here's a screencap, plus the link:
Screenshot_20231221_003135_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I swear I remember seeing a trailer/commercial for the 1984 movie Dreamscape (starring Dennis Quaid) that had a lightsaber in it, but I saw the movie (on tv) years later and didn't see any lightsabers. I just found an ad for it on youtube, and finally realized I probably misinterpreted whatever is being whipped around at the 18 second mark as being a lightsaber. But in my mind, I swear I remember seeing Dennis Quaid ignite a lightsaber while he's on a train.
Here's a screencap, plus the link:
View attachment 1771621

Yep, I can see it, too! It would certainly look that way, especially in the early to mid 1980s.

It's amazing how our minds grab on to "bits" of things and create a slightly altered version of the events. And those memories take root, and last for decades!

You just know, that you know, THAT YOU KNOW you saw Dennis Quaid whipping a lightsaber around 40 years ago. You swear to it!

...but, nope.

Like those people who just KNOW that they saw the Biggs & Luke Tatooine scenes on the big screen in 1977, or heard Darth Vader say: "Luke, I am your father" in 1980.

Yep, I can see it, too! It would certainly look that way, especially in the early to mid 1980s.

It's amazing how our minds grab on to "bits" of things and create a slightly altered version of the events. And those memories take root, and last for decades!

You just know, that you know, THAT YOU KNOW you saw Dennis Quaid whipping a lightsaber around 40 years ago. You swear to it!

...but, nope.

Like those people who just KNOW that they saw the Biggs & Luke Tatooine scenes on the big screen in 1977, or heard Darth Vader say: "Luke, I am your father" in 1980.
Yeah, the Biggs and Luke scene is also one I thought I saw. But I think that was from having the Star Wars storybook, which had stills from the movie that had Biggs and Luke together. I had the book and record set too, but I don't recall if that had a scene with Biggs. My dad also made a recording of the Star Wars radio drama, which I think may have had a Biggs/Luke scene as well.

Yeah, the Biggs and Luke scene is also one I thought I saw. But I think that was from having the Star Wars storybook, which had stills from the movie that had Biggs and Luke together. I had the book and record set too, but I don't recall if that had a scene with Biggs. My dad also made a recording of the Star Wars radio drama, which I think may have had a Biggs/Luke scene as well.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

3D movies from the 80s include: Jaws 3D, Dreamscape, Brainstorm, and Spacehunter. There were a few others to learn about, if you care to do the research.

3D movies from the 80s include: Jaws 3D, Dreamscape, Brainstorm, and Spacehunter. There were a few others to learn about, if you care to do the research.
My favorite schlocky film from the time was: The treasurer of the 4 crowns. Just a wonderfully bad 3-D film!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back