The wording is strange: "This jacket is cut from Our Original Patterns and is made..." From what I can tell, they've just used a new leather, I don't see any statements about finding the actual original patterns.

My only jacket is a Todd's from back in the day, which I love, but I'd like to replace it eventually. I appreciate the discussion on the current options!

I just had another look.

And I think you may be right- the "news" is that they found a suitable replacement hide for making the jacket. I can interpret their wording either way, but I feel they would have driven it home if they found the original patterns... I guess the big deal is the color? I think patterns are "consumed" in the manufacturing process (at least that's the story I got from Schott, when they made me a custom). Plus I figure they made a "rough" jacket and then tailored it to Ford perfectly for the film. But that's just my theory.

I guess now, just like when I got mine, you need to specify the details to get it done the way you want. If anyone is interested, I can take more photos and measurements on my jacket. The pocket size, shape and placement was a big area of adjustment, and the side buckles were changed. I also have a nickel zipper, not brass, as that is what was used on screen. I don't know if my snaps are the correct brand or not...

But, mine is not "screen accurate" in the body length- the real jacket is VERY short. But pocket shape size and placement (relative to the bottom of the jacket) is correct. Collar is correct. Side buckles are correct. I guess you would also specify the new lamb they have. Mine is horsehide as I mentioned earlier, so it doesn't "drape" the way the thin soft leather used in the film does..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back