Moon Lunar Rover

JHY

Just finished (ish) the Lunar Rover from Moon from Scott Spicer (SRS )SRS Prototyping LLC

First class casting....even tiny locating pins on a resin kit !

The kit went together like a dream, no dramas and clean up was minimal. It's a great kit, intelligently designed, accurate and so well made that on a dry test build ( no glue) 90% of it held together and my build used NO FILLER !

As shown, my kit has very little weathering.... I may add more. Sci Fi and Fantasy Modeller 14 has some great reference shots. The original models were really dusted up, but that may be too much on this kit.

I like the design of the Rover, a sort of pumped up and squashed down Alvis Stalwart, and Scott's kit captures that look wonderfully.

jedimaster

Sr Member
That looks great man. I remember when they were auctioning off all the models from moon . You could have picked up a rover for a great price.. May have to get one of these

srspicer

Wow, this is awesome.

These are the first build up pics of this kit I have seen. Well done JHY!

Thanks for the product review as well.:cool

Scott

Last edited:

skiffy

Nice little kit from a fave movie of mine, and the build/paint is great! The cab interior kit and a few lights would be the icing on the cake.

FYI Collector Phil Rae owns one of the originals, and there's an awesome lego build here.

Zombie_61

Master Member
Beautiful! The fact that it looks so much like one of the filming models is a testament to both your modeling skills and Scott Spicer's mastering skills. It really is a brilliant kit, and you've definitely done it justice! (y)thumbsup