MonsterMan Thoughts Feelings and Reviews (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Yeah, I admit I fast forwarded through 80% of it.

I just laughed a lot because the Monster Man shark didn't match
the CGI one at all.

what I keep noticing is the red and yellow Ferrari's in the parking lot. They must be doing something right for them to afford those cars.

I have been watching it with my son (loves monsters!) and its the same thing each week. Last minute BS, miracle worker mentality, crazy director, "Where is my monster!"

Ironic that the SyFy crew just *happens* to be at the set filming the director when he asks that, huh?

Bah, its bogus. I just like to watch to see if I can learn anything, and I havent yet.

This show is the very reason I stopped watching TV all together. It's all scripted, every show on TV, all this "Reality" BS is nothing but scripted crap labeled as real. I got rid of my cable and only watch DVD's now, I can't stand TV anymore.

Yeah, got suckered into watching this week. There are just too many things going on that make zero sense for it to be real. A director is really not gonna give him 2 minutes to finish adding the pieces to make his "puppet" work correctly, so he wouldn't have to go CGI?

I guess what makes me more upset is that the opening thing even states him doing work for "top directors". I'd like to know who these "top directors" are. Because all I have seen thus far are straight to TV garbage films that they are working on.

Can't wait to see next weeks craptastic episode! *sarcasm*

I've seen two episodes. For some reason my TiVo has not been recording it. Probably that stupid tuning adapter I have to use. It was ok. Like FaceOff, I wish they would show more of how they do things and less of the drama.

As for his look, at first I thought it was weird, but I guess I've gotten used to it. I just don't know why he does it. I could understand him doing it if he was a make up person like Ralis Kahn does in episodes of Mad Monster Lab on YouTube so he could be a walking advertisement.

Also, I saw one scene on the werewolf episode that was definitely scripted. At one point he has to come in to help someone or critique something they are doing and you can see him standing at the edge of the screen waiting for his cue.

I've seen two episodes. For some reason my TiVo has not been recording it.

My guess is your TiVo has become a sentient being and just refuses to record this garbage. Maybe you need to appease it by recording a few quality shows and then try this one again.

My guess is your TiVo has become a sentient being and just refuses to record this garbage. Maybe you need to appease it by recording a few quality shows and then try this one again.

That explains why my family's DVR doesn't record half the crap they watch :lol

Oddly enough I was gonna say just about the same thing. Don't blame your DVR at least it has standards of what it will record. In this case doing you a favor by not recording this Awful show.

They sure want you to know it's scripted as they go. Cleve took a manicure day with his wife and daughter, ignored his 27 texts from his boss, in fact deleted them. All of them were that he needed to be at the client meetings he missed. They finally had a NAMED company ask for props. Dreamworks wanted giant boots for Puss in Boots premier.

*insert drama* blah blah blah, "why are there always impossible deadlines?" blah blah blah, stuff doesn't work, blah blah blah. "They didn't tell us a stunt double would wear this too", blah blah blah, yakedy smackedy.

Once again, they literally gave them 3 days to get 2 projects done. No shock there. See, I would think a company like DREAMWORKS would give them a lot heads up time.

Wow, this show really is a horror show. Tried for the last time to watch it last night. This reality show crap is just that. Tried to give Dream Machines a chance but it's the same BS, i will not even give that show a second go, heck i couldn't even finish watching it. Jacklegs that need to stick to making bikes. Does SCYFY REALLY think people want to watch this crap. Maybe WWF is something they should stick with, it looks like thats the kind of viewer they are looking for.

I want Dream Machines to work real bad. I gotta see how the next episode plays out. I think DM has a lot of potential, if they didn't have all the drama.

But yeah, Monster Man is pretty much dead to me. The only reason I watch is to hate it more!

I would say that this show is like a train wreck, in that, I can't seem to look away. But at least a train wreck is interesting (albeit in a macabre way) and believable. I can't believe for a second that many films (even super low budget) would use static 'masks/props' for a hero creature effect. Even they would use low level CGI. Even the boots didn't look that great.

Next week is the season finally too. Really.? there have only been
like 5 episodes total. Probably wont be returning though. This show
is horrible.

Why doesn't SYFY take these in the same direction as Faceoff? No
added extra drama crap.

I want to give Dream machines a chance too but they seem to be doing
the same crappy formula that Tru TV or Spike does. Who cares is someone
vandalized tires. Ohhhhhh, blood, now I am interested.... NOT!

Just build the damn car. They are doing what Monster Man does too.
Do they HAVE TO take a trip to experience every part of a vehicle they
are trying to build? That gets old real quick.

I am surprised Monster Man didn't go to a shoe store before he made
the boots. LOL. Also is foam the only thing he works with. Not very old
school to me??????????????

SYFY has agreat thing going with Faceoff. Transfer those techniques to
these other shows please!

This show reminds me of the custom car and bike fabrication shows where there are suddenly unrealistic deadlines. I'd never work for someone who expects a miracle like a car done in 4 days.

they portray that cleave guy to be really childish and immature...just me that notices that?
hopefully this doesnt get picked up for season 2

No not just you, but that Cindy chick is a massive BI**H!!! I don't hit women but I'd be hard pressed not to deck her...Man she's a turbo BI**H!!!!

18951688.jpg

Last nights episode was the best of the bunch. Sadly, that wasn't hard to do. LOL.

His Monster was neat looking although you could see it falling apart when he was moving around in it. The legs were sepratiing from the body while he fought the other guy.

Maybe it is me, but I can't believe they got all that done in less than a week. With the amount of time they screw around. Nope.

On Faceoff, maybe but these guys. I am not buying it.

Sad part is if SOTA really wanted to promote thier business, they wouldn't portray this guy as always being late and producing the crap they turn out. (that's if SOTA is even a real business).?????

Oh, and I see Constance has to take after dad and where contact lenses during her one on one interviews. Though, hers looks better than his.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back