Molding a Studio Scale escape pod.....

Well I got a bit of time to look over the kit today and it looks fantastic. I hope to get to it here in a week or two. Im woking on some shots for Pirates 3 right now and we are on 6 day weeks so time is a bit scarce.

on another note are the painting notes coming along? Looks like its time to dig out all the books. :)

Thanks

-Michael

Got my 3 main sections trimmed and primed, trimmed out all the detail parts today. It took me about 3 hours to do that. Now I need to do a bit of sanding and a tiny bit of putty on the main body. I'll snap a pic when I have all the primed parts put together. Then she'll be ready to decorate.

Dave :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivanhotep @ Mar 10 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1436944[/snapback]</div>
I am very much looking forward to my kit.
[/b]
hay mike did you prime all the parts on or off the escape pod

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Mar 20 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1444026[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivanhotep @ Mar 10 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1436944[/snapback]
I am very much looking forward to my kit.
[/b]
hay mike did you prime all the parts on or off the escape pod
[/b][/quote]

The only reason you would want to prime "before" is to make sure there are no imperfections on the piece. If you prime before, you will just have to sand the connection points so the CA glue can adhere to the resin instead of the paint to create a stronger bond... or I may be talkin' out of my :booty

The only parts i remember priming before assembly were some of the seam on the body that needed putty. Everything else was primed black after assembly, maybe with 1 or 2 small exceptions. The refeer yellow i used was a spray can from Scalecoat technologies, i am lazy enough that if i don't need to break out the airbrush i don't :) , this like most SS models is big enough to get away with that.....
mike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mslz22 @ Mar 20 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1444177[/snapback]</div>
The only parts i remember priming before assembly were some of the seam on the body that needed putty. Everything else was primed black after assembly, maybe with 1 or 2 small exceptions. The refeer yellow i used was a spray can from Scalecoat technologies, i am lazy enough that if i don't need to break out the airbrush i don't :) , this like most SS models is big enough to get away with that.....
mike
[/b]
mike did you just use white primer on the engines to? As the last color

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Mar 20 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1444186[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mslz22 @ Mar 20 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1444177[/snapback]
mike
[/b]
mike did you just use white primer on the engines to? As the last color
[/b][/quote]

Yep the base color is for the whole thing is just white primer.....

You would be buying it from the only person who makes them so its the best deal your gonna get. I have an escape pod and its pretty awesome.

Isel

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back