Molding a Studio Scale escape pod.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Dec 17 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1380011[/snapback]</div>
Guys. looks like the above Pod is now in the hands of L. Peterson. Congrats Rolando. Wish I could have been there..

I have several (5) ready to ship but folks that said they wanted one cant cover because of the holidays.

Rolando will be working on the painting guide and building instructions next week. The primered & Rolando built casting of the EP on display at the book signing the other day was mistaken by Former ILMers as an actual filming item. Feels good to trick the pros.

PM me.

Steve
[/b]

Actually, at one point in the evening, the mount for the Pod loosened and the thing began to tilt. Someone caught it and told me and I tightened the thing up. The guy that caught it said that that he could now say he touched one of the models from Star Wars. For some stupid reason, I told him it was a replica. Part of me thinks I should have just let him think it was "real". Sorry if I burst some RPFer's bubble.....

Gene

Steve has been having a rough time at it in Denver being snowed in with more on the way. Hang in there, Mother Nature tends to be a real "beach" sometimes.

As I'm working on the instructions I've been taking pics of the kit parts all cleaned up with it's first primer coat.

The kit consists of 63 parts as pictured below.

Contact Steve at sneisen@comcast.net if you're interested in getting one of these.

Here are the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mspaw @ Mar 4 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1431430[/snapback]</div>
WOW.

I have one showing up shortly and i cant wait to see yours with paint.

Looks fantastic.

-Michael
[/b]
Please tell us what the colors of paint you use
thanks
Mark

Got mine from Steve last week, built it up in just about a day, the castings were very good, I still need to put on a couple of parts that i was unsure of where they go, but that is easy.....I did the usual black primer, white primer overcoat, yellow is refer yellow, and the dark grey is Navy aggressor.... Some in progress and finished up pics....

Picture026.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture039.jpg

more

Picture041.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture065-1.jpg

Picture077-1.jpg

That has turned out to be something you don't see displayed every day. Never thought to have an interest in that sort of replica before.......

Till now.

Excellent.

Rob.

It never ceases to amaze me, the level of love, pride and talent displayed by everyone here.

That is so incredibly good the artican needs a spankin'.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back