Molding a Studio Scale escape pod.....

Even more...

Here are some of the many detail parts that go on the engine section.
209142110.jpg

The engine base looks bare..
209142104.jpg

Oh yeah just what the doctor ordered.
209142090.jpg

Yeah the Sculpting a Galaxy book has been drug through the mud but it helped me find the top mounting plug for the Escape pod. Never before seen pic. So it was a good $35 investment.
209142097.jpg

I'm all giddy to finally see this bucket made into a kit. Steve, buddy, you've outdone yourself. The new improved version looks sooooooooo much better. :thumbsup

Apart from finding the nose plug, the butt end of the Pod was redone for this kit to make it more accurate.

PM sent from me as well. Not sure why, but the escape pod has always intrested me, ever since I saw the first film as an 9 year old back on 77. Not sure how I will build it (with no real model building ability to speak of) but I want one anyway.. :p

To all, as soon as I get a chance with one of these incredible castings I will provide detailed instructions on how to build this kit and I'll also do a detailed tutorial on how to paint the Pod to closely resemble what was seen on film.

I generally don't post in this forum, but good God - what an incredible piece of work in both the buildup and the casting :thumbsup

-Fred

Here are a few shots of all the detail in place on the Escape Pod. The are just placed there. The are untrimmed and not glued. I just wanted to show you guys how they look all togther.

209635349.jpg

209635347.jpg

209635346.jpg

209635340.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Whoah Steve. You and your team are real casting masters. - great job.
Rolando too, you've done another cracking job making the patterns for what looks to be another classic kit.

There is something especially poignant about doing the Pod, as it's jettison was the first proper shot ILM ever did, and its escape from the Blockade Runner sort of kicks off the whole Star Wars story. A must for any collection I think.

All hail Rolando & Steve :)

N

Guys. looks like the above Pod is now in the hands of L. Peterson. Congrats Rolando. Wish I could have been there..

I have several (5) ready to ship but folks that said they wanted one cant cover because of the holidays.

Rolando will be working on the painting guide and building instructions next week. The primered & Rolando built casting of the EP on display at the book signing the other day was mistaken by Former ILMers as an actual filming item. Feels good to trick the pros.

PM me.

Steve

That's a hell of a compliment to fool the ILM'ers. Conrgrats.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Dec 17 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]1380011[/snapback]</div>
Guys. looks like the above Pod is now in the hands of L. Peterson. Congrats Rolando. Wish I could have been there..

I have several (5) ready to ship but folks that said they wanted one cant cover because of the holidays.

Rolando will be working on the painting guide and building instructions next week. The primered & Rolando built casting of the EP on display at the book signing the other day was mistaken by Former ILMers as an actual filming item. Feels good to trick the pros.

PM me.

Steve
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swpropmaker @ Dec 17 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]1380011[/snapback]</div>

PM me.

Steve
[/b]
Hi steve how far am i on the list for one of these please pm me

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back