Metropolis False Maria Sculpt: New Completed Torso 5/12/11

Re: Metropolis False Maria Sculpt

FANTASTIC sculpt, man!

That's the 16mm Venezuela print they found. The first complete print of the movie. Apparently KINO is incorperating all the lost footage for their blu ray release that was supposed to happen this year. As was said above, haven't heard anything since last year. It was pretty much the most exciting news of my life. :lol

did someone say blu-ray release of METROPOLIS?!?!?! NIIIIICE! any word if the georgio moroder cut will be on it?

No real word on what will be on the Blu Ray. You can log onto Kino and see if theyve updated their web site yet.

Richie

That's the 16mm Venezuela print they found. The first complete print of the movie. Apparently KINO is incorperating all the lost footage for their blu ray release that was supposed to happen this year. As was said above, haven't heard anything since last year. It was pretty much the most exciting news of my life. :lol

I read that it's still missing a LITTLE footage, and it's an old 35mm-16mm reduction that doesn't look as good as the rest of the previous restoration, but yeah, tremendous find.

From what I understand the Blu Ray should be available in 2010, possibly in time for the Berlinale.

The latest edition to my False Maria Project...The Boots.

DSCF4562.jpg

DSCF4567.jpg

DSCF4559.jpg

DSCF4565.jpg

Richie

Re: Metropolis False Maria Sculpt: Boot Pics added 11/21/09

Up until recently I wasn't aware that the Maria robotmench had lifts on the shoes... heralding the seventies style long before it was fashion. The shape of the shoes, in and of themselves, without the risers, have a pretty interesting shape.

Very smooth work.

These were a major challenge both in my talent and getting good references of the boots.I think I stated and restarted these about 5 times. I cant believe the work that Mitendorf originally put into these.

When I get the rest of the costume completed seeing the wearer wearing and walking in These is gonna be something!

Richie

I need to figure out how to pour a set of these in Rubber. These are reinforced resin and are pretty heavy. I made these as a static display peice that will go in my office but a wearable set needs to be a bit lighter.

Altho they would certainly sound "clunky" while walking in them!

Richie

Mind numbingly amazing Richie! Wow. Absolutely wow!

Gregg

Thanks Greg

Im working out the inner details so that the wearable versions will fit"a foot" and not slip off etc.

Richie

Most recent update. The shin/lower legs. I will add the fasteners along the inner leg after they are pulled. Theres about 7 buckles per side. I painted these to get a feel for what they will look like done. I know some people may not agree with my color choice but I do like it. I havent done any airbrushing to add highlights but I will tomorrow. I may eventually do a bronzed color...we'll see.

2-4.jpg

This set of boots is wearable. I will post a video asap of my wife walking in them...its pretty cool to see.

1-1.jpg

More shots of the lower legs.

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

Richie

it's gotta be the shoes!

Amazing work so far Richie. Will really be something to see this "in action" when you're done!
Tom

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back