Limited Run Metal Mandalorian Tanto Knife

Yay! I am going to look now and see if I got an email with updated shipping…

Edit:
Yes! Tracking number and estimated delivery of September 20th! Woohoo!

Here it is.

Didn't realize this would be a kit with the leather not attached.

Since the leather wrap was a later addition, the original post only mentions it would not be sharpened or weathered. I see the product listing on the website has since been updated to be accurately listed, but that was not made clear here. The update post in June says it "will" be wrapped with "actual leather", but it is pleather.

IMG20220919182451.jpg

Here it is.

Didn't realize this would be a kit with the leather not attached.

Since the leather wrap was a later addition, the original post only mentions it would not be sharpened or weathered. I see the product listing on the website has since been updated to be accurately listed, but that was not made clear here. The update post in June says it "will" be wrapped with "actual leather", but it is pleather.

View attachment 1618207
I vaguely remember them mentioning the swap to real leather as well. I put off ordering one of these as the lack of update and communication seemed iffy. Glad to see that people are receiving them now.

Looks like a great prop and well built.

How’s the weight?

I vaguely remember them mentioning the swap to real leather as well. I put off ordering one of these as the lack of update and communication seemed iffy. Glad to see that people are receiving them now.

Looks like a great prop and well built.

How’s the weight?
It does seem well built. Balancing it on my finger, it is an evenly balanced knife. It's got a good amount of weight to it, being solid metal.

I'm going to look at a different method of adding real leather to it instead. After looping the faux leather strips there is still a very noticeable gap.

Edit: I bought a 4x6 small patch of genuine leather. I'm going to simply cover the bar instead of looping the thin 1/4" strip.

Last edited:
I thought I bought a finished item.

A kit was never mentioned.

Terrible communication and updates, or lack there of.

Also look closely, the leather is not wrapped. It's cut and covered.

Pretty disappointed.

Okay I need to amend my previous post.

I would not consider this a kit. It's finished and all together. You just need to weather it and add the leather.

I would have bought it even if it was a kit. That just needed to be stated.

My problem is the "incorrect information" presented, I will call it, and the lack of communication.

Honestly it had been so long with no word I forgot I got the darn thing until it popped up again.

So, not really a kit. They should have been much more specific, but a pretty awesome piece.

I think at such a late stage of production they did a fine job after finding out it was leather wrapped by including the strips. Perfectly happy with mine and it took less than ten minutes to wrap. May change it at a later date. The flash makes it appear brighter than actual color. It's a wee bit darker.

306033995_2872072309767008_4135517153285293965_n.jpg

I'm amazed at the complaining, and it's only $60.00, just unreal, I'm going to get one, and if your on here and you can't wrap leather around a little piece of metal then just don't get it.
Great work people, going to get it now!!!

I'm amazed at the complaining, and it's only $60.00, just unreal, I'm going to get one, and if your on here and you can't wrap leather around a little piece of metal then just don't get it.
Great work people, going to get it now!!!

Bitching and nitpicking is what we do here. You should know that. :unsure:

As I mentioned, once I received it I found it to be pretty awesome. Having said that the fact that it needed to be finished should have been clear. That's all.:)

Oh, and lack of updates was also not great but live and learn.:confused:

Speaking of not being able to wrap leather, despite them giving you plenty of leather to try multiple times, I still screwed it up trying different things.o_O

Gonna need to buy more.:sick:

Bitching and nitpicking is what we do here. You should know that. :unsure:

As I mentioned, once I received it I found it to be pretty awesome. Having said that the fact that it needed to be finished should have been clear. That's all.:)

Oh, and lack of updates was also not great but live and learn.:confused:

Speaking of not being able to wrap leather, despite them giving you plenty of leather to try multiple times, I still screwed it up trying different things.o_O

Gonna need to buy more.:sick:
I have a very small violin playing for you right now.... And not everyone bitches and nitpicks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back