Metal Blade Runner PKD Blaster Build

Did some more mould making this week and I made a fatal error in the process. I forgot to add registration pins into the mould! Bummer...

anyway I tried the mould regardless and managed to get a few parts out of it relatively successfully.

20210527_130702.jpg

On a more positive note the .44 special rounds look pretty good! I'm just waiting for the inert primers to arrive and then I can finalise those. They should look the business once together as most Dummy bullets have a used Primer. so I think unused/inert ones should look spot on.

20210527_130710.jpg20210527_130718.jpg20210527_130723.jpg

I’m fascinated by the process of pouring hot metal into silicone or rubber moulds. What compound do you use to withstand those temperatures?

I’m fascinated by the process of pouring hot metal into silicone or rubber moulds. What compound do you use to withstand those temperatures?

I have 3 options that I like, There is Mold Max 60. It stinks and makes a huge mess, its also prone to tearing so you cant mould anything complicated but when it works its very effective.
The next is the traditional Rubber moulds that I use for the spin casting. These are made with a process of vulcanization and are lovely to work with.
The 3rd option is Mould Star 30 and by far my favourite to work with, its easy to mix, not to messy and quite forgiving compared to Mold Max 60.

I made a new mould yesterday but I cant open it until Monday so in the mean time I had a go at making the Cylinder bushing and the under barrel peg. I originally attempted to cast them in Pewter but that was a no go.

Sooo I got myself a desktop Lathe, I mean why nor right? lol

Never used a Lathe before so I watch many hours of tutorial videos on YouTube and set to work this morning.
20210605_143936.jpg

20210605_144017.jpg

20210605_144103.jpg

20210605_144115.jpg

Quite happy with those! :D

Last edited:
so cool that you bought a lathe, this is going to change your life and give you so many new possibilities for your offerings! enjoy :)

Any progress on this project DaveChaos ?
There as been a delay due to Etsy, they have changed their policy on guns and gun accessories. accessories are no longer allowed and if you're selling replicas they must have an orange tip so I have been working on sorting that out.

Good news is I have had 250 dummy rounds arrive and 3 gallons of silicon to finish off the moulding. So as soon as I'm done with this Etsy mess I will get back on it

Rounds update, mostly to post a picture haha

20210821_194853.jpg

They're a perfect fit in the resin 3D print, so very happy with that and they look like the real deal. However they are completely inert as are the primers they're simply for show. The unfortunate part of all this is I hafto drill a hole in the side of the round to make them UK legal. But once they're in the Cylinder you wouldn't know.

I've never seen a centrifuge machine like that. Is that the secret to getting good casts in pewter? :lol:

I did a pewter cast PKD too and the toughest parts were getting good fills on the smaller pieces like the safety and the triggers. All my molds were two parts and open faces.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back