Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

Is Kylo's saber hilt the same as the older Disney Parks one?

No, the Legacy sabers are slightly different. For the Kylo saber, the main blade drops into the socket and twists to lock, whereas the DP saber has the locking ring on the top you have to unscrew.

The GE saber also has socket plugs for when the blades are removed.

I’m waiting to get my DP saber back from being converted, but I plan on doing a detailed comparison so more to come...

Sean

No, the Legacy sabers are slightly different. For the Kylo saber, the main blade drops into the socket and twists to lock, whereas the DP saber has the locking ring on the top you have to unscrew.

I’m waiting to get my DP saber back from being converted, but I plan on doing a detailed comparison so more to come...

Sean
The DP Kylo has the socket plugs too. I skipped the Legacy Kylo since I have the DP one. DP comes with the stand and belt clip too.

Just got the Yoda cane from ebay... its 2" tall. Isnt that a bit oversized if Yoda is 2.2" tall?

The DP Kylo has the socket plugs too. I skipped the Legacy Kylo since I have the DP one. DP comes with the stand and belt clip too.

I'll have to go back through my DP box because I don't remember seeing blade plugs...

Legacy also includes a belt clip and the side blades...no stand, but it does come in that nifty box.

Sean

Last edited:
THE THE FORCE
C53AE81C-1494-4ACE-B122-45348EB7D815.jpeg

How large is that Obi Ep 1-2 saber? Is it larger than the prop, or around the same size as the FX that came out a few years ago?

I watched a video of the saber-building experience, and geez louise, I felt like I was either having to listen to a timeshare pitch, or was being brainwashed into joining a cult. I half expected to be asked to relinquish all my earthly possessions and break contact with all friends and family. Creeped me the hell out.

I'm also not in love with the saber designs...I don't hate 'em, but they aren't grabbing me. They're thicker than any of the movie props, for one thing, making them seem toylike. Some have sculpted-in aging and schmutz which just comes across looking like a sloppy product instead of antique. And the customization is limited because first you have to pick one of four styles, and customize only within pieces presented to you of that style. You choose between two available parts for each of the four sections of the saber, so that's, what, a total of 16 different variations you could achieve from each style, meaning 64 possible sabers the experience can produce (not counting blade color), as opposed to 256 that could result from being able to mix and match between all styles.

I like the less formal free-for-all of the droid thing, though. I notice that matching L-R legs are taped together---I wonder if you wanted legs of different colors they would let you break up sets.

Has anyone made a list with all of the different custom lightsaber parts yet, from the different sets? I’d like to see exactly what parts are available...

Though I agree that it is disappointing that you can’t combine parts from different sets. It’s not surprising but it is disappointing.

Has anyone made a list with all of the different custom lightsaber parts yet, from the different sets? I’d like to see exactly what parts are available...

Though I agree that it is disappointing that you can’t combine parts from different sets. It’s not surprising but it is disappointing.

Savis-Workshop-Handbuilt-Lightsabers-0111.jpg

Grabbed shots from the video for ya.

First three pics are "Elemental Nature", then "Power and Control", "Protection and Defense", and "Peace and Justice".

I get that they are each of a style, and a complete mishmash might not look so good, but people have different tastes and some might actually like a dichotomy of parts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 5.14.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 5.14.11 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 175
  • elemental nature.png
    elemental nature.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 5.08.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 5.08.32 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 169
  • power and control.png
    power and control.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 201
  • protection and defense.png
    protection and defense.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 280
  • peace and justice.png
    peace and justice.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 177
The lightsaber building experience did not live up to the hype what so ever. It looks lame with cheap parts that has lack of variety.

The custom saber shop offers better parts with better variety and you don't have to make a reservation!

Found a cool function with the legacy lightsabers. This may already be known and its hard to see on the video but they flash an alternate color to the main saber color on "impact."The is the EP1 Obi Saber that has a primary blue color but flashes a bright yellow with certain movements.

Grabbed shots from the video for ya.

First three pics are "Elemental Nature", then "Power and Control", "Protection and Defense", and "Peace and Justice".

I get that they are each of a style, and a complete mishmash might not look so good, but people have different tastes and some might actually like a dichotomy of parts.

Thanks!

Well, that confirms it, I want the Elemental Nature set. :p

The lightsaber building experience did not live up to the hype what so ever. It looks lame with cheap parts that has lack of variety.

The custom saber shop offers better parts with better variety and you don't have to make a reservation!

Could you please go into more detail? It looks like a fun experience, and something i want to do with my kids... but for $200 I'd honestly would like your take. Its a lot to plunk down.

Sounds like you watched a builder or did you build?

Is the custom sabre shop the one in future land? I think that's all plastic?

To be honest, I think it looks cool, and the pieces are mostly metal ... limited choices yes but i think its to move people in a reasonable time yet give you the feeling that you built from scraps. Being honest tho, my nostalgia for star wars may be clouding my judgment here.

One concern i have is the chassis... are the threads at the top and bottom metal? Cause if they are plastic and the emitter and pommel are metal ... metal thread on plastic is not the best mix.

Could you please go into more detail? It looks like a fun experience, and something i want to do with my kids... but for $200 I'd honestly would like your take. Its a lot to plunk down.

Sounds like you watched a builder or did you build?

Is the custom sabre shop the one in future land? I think that's all plastic?

To be honest, I think it looks cool, and the pieces are mostly metal ... limited choices yes but i think its to move people in a reasonable time yet give you the feeling that you built from scraps. Being honest tho, my nostalgia for star wars may be clouding my judgment here.

One concern i have is the chassis... are the threads at the top and bottom metal? Cause if they are plastic and the emitter and pommel are metal ... metal thread on plastic is not the best mix.

I agree, it looks fun, especially if you have a kid. The saber designs aren't the best, but it's whatever, you're paying for the whole experience. Custom Saber Shop is the website where you can buy saber parts, and while yes, you could probably build something better looking from there (although honestly I'm not really a fan of very many non-canon sabers in general anyway), those also require a lot more work to put together.

On a separate note, if anybody has picked up the Emperor's robes and cane, I'd love to see some better pics of them. That's currently number one on my list of must buy items.

There is a video I came across showing the entire saber build session.
I think it was a link off of one of the saber reviews.
Just search "Savi's Workshop" or "build lightsaber" on youtube now and you'll find a couple dozen videos of the whole process.... spoilers... all choices are covered.

Sean
Is it the same saber hilt only with an internal modification?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back