Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

I really want the Vader Legacy Lightsaber. Ive seen it on eBay as low as $225 and as high as $499 for an in production item with a retail of $109.99. People make me sick.

I bought a sabacc deck for $40.00 shipped off of eBay. I figured they are $15.00 at the park plus tax, he pays eBay fees, PayPal feels and shipping, so he probably got $10.00 for his trouble. That is a fair mark up to me.

Caved and got the MRE snack pack off Ebay for $50. Been wanting the Luke food container forever. I'm very happy with it.

Will post pics ASAP.

I guess it has become known that you can purchase the Savi's workshop lightsabre parts for $20 a part at the Black Spire store... asking for "scrap". You cannot buy a chassis though. But its cool you can get the different parts and combine them.

Correction you buy them at Savi's workshop.. sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190627-184031_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190627-184031_YouTube.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 196
I really hope this means we’re eventually going to get something like the “scavengers bag” that I mentioned before, and separate lightsaber cores.

They could open up a whole “scrap metal” trading dynamic within the park if they sold blind bags full of sleeves

I would only want to buy the scrap pieces of the style I purchased. I would not want pieces from the other styles unless I was buying it all the parts to do a new hilt design. You really can’t mix the the four different styles because each style has a different metal coloring and/or texture. They just look strange if you mix them. Take a look...

YHI4zVq5lp8_4Oyprk4zta4z6KL&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

They will probably not be selling the cores because those are not scrap. You always use the core from the set. Plus I doubt they want to pull people away from the experience.

Last edited:
I would only want to buy the scrap pieces of the style I purchased. I would not want pieces from the other styles unless I was buying it all the parts to do a new hilt design. You really can’t mix the the four different styles because each style has a different metal coloring and/or texture. They just look strange if you mix them. Take a look...

View attachment 1033525

They will not be selling the cores because those are not scrap. You always use the core from the set. Plus I doubt they want to pull people away from the experience.

Are those yours? If so what is your take on the over quality and construction.

Anyone know what this is about? Disney is selling custom made 1:1 droids??

This has been a major topic of discussion among the R2 Builders groups. Reactions have been all over the place. They are custom built to order by a company in Orlando. It is known what the company is, but there was some ugliness involving threats of lawsuit when some posts were made naming the players, so I will not name them here.

My personal opinion is that, yes you can build one on your own cheaper, but when you factor in labor, $25K is not really that outrageous. Would I buy one? No, but I’m not the target market either. Club 33 members are really who are gonna be the ones buying these. Overall, it’s actually not a bad droid, but pretty basic when it comes to electronics. Supposedly, Dome is aluminum and body is fiberglass and uses a PlayStation style controller.

View attachment 1033525

Ouch. that looks much worse than expected - like sort of the really cheap toy sabers. o_O

Are those yours? If so what is your take on the over quality and construction.

No. They belong to a guy who has a YouTube channel and has been reviewing a lot of GE items. I grabbed he image from his Facebook page. He has a lot of videos posted:

There are a lot of reviews by various people talking about these Savi Workshop lightsabers. For the most part people enjoy the experience and they are pleasantly surprised that the hilt pieces are metal and heavy. They report that there is a slight wobble in the blades when fitted into the hilt but most believe it is to allow some give if stuck against something. They say the legacy hilts have similar wobbles.

No. They belong to a guy who has a YouTube channel and has been reviewing a lot of GE items. I grabbed he image from his Facebook page. He has a lot of videos posted:

There are a lot of reviews by various people talking about these Savi Workshop lightsabers. For the most part people enjoy the experience and they are pleasantly surprised that the hilt pieces are metal and heavy. They report that there is a slight wobble in the blades when fitted into the hilt but most believe it is to allow some give if stuck against something. They say the legacy hilts have similar wobbles.
Thanks, yes I've seen his reviews.

A vast majority seem to really like the experience and the final product. So that's a good sign. Cameron i take it you feel the $200 was worth it? Just curios how a die hard prop collector or RPF member would review them.

It sounds like the $200 is well worth it.

It would very cool but frustrating for super fans if they added or switched out the various lightsabre styles every so often at Savi's Workshop.

Thanks, yes I've seen his reviews.

A vast majority seem to really like the experience and the final product. So that's a good sign. Cameron i take it you feel the $200 was worth it? Just curios how a die hard prop collector or RPF member would review them.

It sounds like the $200 is well worth it.

It would very cool but frustrating for super fans if they added or switched out the various lightsabre styles every so often at Savi's Workshop.

I enjoyed the experience. The saber not so much. To clunky and thick. Not the elegant weapon of a Jedi.

I enjoyed the experience. The saber not so much. To clunky and thick. Not the elegant weapon of a Jedi.

If I may bug you, which style did you pick?

Yes the fact that they are thick or clunky has been a noted downside to these sabres on youtube reviews... they look thicker than fx sabres and some say thicker than ultrasabres.

I can forgive the extra gurth seeing as you get the chassis, get to put in the crystal and build it with some controlled and/or guided personalization.

Like i said my only real concern is the metal on plastic screw threads.

Thanks so much for your input.

Sorry about your luck.

But if its any consolation i just saw a YouTube video about them being out stock on many different items. Im sure lots of people are bumbed... misery loves company.

My guess is they do have stock but I'm sure they're holding a cache until Disneyworld GE opens.

Ive also heard that crowds have really quieted after reservation time passed. Can anybody comment on that here?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back