Men in Black: International (MIB) (Post-release)

What did you think of Men in Black: International?

• Total voters
I read an interview where they said they thought it would be "fun" to inject some modern politics into this... So I'm waiting until it's on cable.

What, noone of you guys with enough time on your hands to go to the movies has seen it yet?! Reviewers arent too kind to the movie over here in Germany.

Saw it yesterday. I really liked it. Enjoyed the humor and characters. I'm a huge fan of the originals and I thought it held up well. Not sure what the reviewers didn't like. Lots of laughs from the audience and great visual effects. The new Neuralyzer pops out to the side instead of up. Interesting take, but I'm still a big fan of the original props. If I had any criticism, I would say it had too many guns of varying design. The weapon designs were sort of all over the place. I'm a fan of the original props and how they all seemed to have a consistency to the look. Maybe others will feel differently. Overall, though, I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the movie. Maybe a bit long. It had good effects, villains, a twist and funny. My 28 year old daughter loved Pawny. Not as good as III but still a fun summer flick.

Talked with my wife about going to see this last night.
When you try and take a family of four to the theater, the tickets plus popcorn add up fast- we decided after mixed reviews, a lot of them bad, to save money and wait for the DVD to release.

Talked with my wife about going to see this last night.
When you try and take a family of four to the theater, the tickets plus popcorn add up fast- we decided after mixed reviews, a lot of them bad, to save money and wait for the DVD to release.

$$ is always a consideration. It’s a big expense especially if it turns out to be a disappointment.

Well, that was lovely. :) I think my headcanon now goes MIB, MIB: The Series, and this. II was decidedly meh and killed K's happily ever after from the first one (never mind L and all the new hotness vanishing between films), and III was good but depends on II to exist.

Plus, after Thor: Ragnarok, I love watching Chris and Tessa play off each other.

I'm late to the party.

My wife and I just saw it yesterday. It was okay, but it just seemed to be lacking in style that I attribute to the writing.

It was just missing something, but overall enjoyable.

The big downside was how incredibly predictable it was. Pretty much from the get-go.

One refreshing thing I noted when it was over, was that complete lack of love interest or attraction between two main lead characters of opposite sex. It's always been such a contrived premise that a man and woman working together have to be attracted to each other, regardless of being mutual or not.

It was just great to see to people work together, who developed a respect and true partnership for each other, void of any stupid sexist comments. I could think of only a couple that came out that were a little silly (like all women are queens).

I guess after a life time of seeing that tired old trope over and over and over, it really stood out to me and I liked it.

We then got home and watched MIB and the difference in screen presence of Smith and Jones was far superior.

It was just great to see to people work together, who developed a respect and true partnership for each other, void of any stupid sexist comments. I could think of only a couple that came out that were a little silly (like all women are queens).

I don't think she was literally saying that. When she was asked if she was a queen, she didn't want to say "no", losing the cooperation of the pawn. She was grasping at straws, justifying her "yes" with "in the sense that all women are queens" (the thin justification IS the joke). It's just like the objection to Finn's "Droid, please." where the "help me" was implied, rather than the colorful objection like "(objectionable reference), please!"

Taken out of context, sure, that dialogue seems silly. But within the scene, it works.

I don't think she was literally saying that. When she was asked if she was a queen, she didn't want to say "no", losing the cooperation of the pawn. She was grasping at straws, justifying her "yes" with "in the sense that all women are queens" (the thin justification IS the joke). It's just like the objection to Finn's "Droid, please." where the "help me" was implied, rather than the colorful objection like "(objectionable reference), please!"

Taken out of context, sure, that dialogue seems silly. But within the scene, it works.

I'd agree if it wasn't for her pause, and smirk when delivering the line.

If that was the joke, than that would just further my opinion that the writing overall was lacking substance. But I really don't think that line was inserted as a joke and was more so just a flippant filler comment.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back