MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Re: Mattel Hoverboard

i hope that last post about Gale and his prop board bumped up the pre-orders enough to secure that Mattel makes the damn thing. My feet are lonely!!!

Hoverboard questions answered by Toyguru - Topic
Mattel Hoverboard questions answered by Toyguru

"It’s here!

Wow, I have personally been waiting to get a BTTF2 Hoverboard ever since my first stop at the Café 80’s. As a lifelong BTTF fan, getting to this official prop replica from Mattel has been a dream come true.

There have been a few top line questions about our amazing new prop replica, so I’d like to try and hit them all here. So what exactly does the Hoverboard do?

The Board will do pretty much everything the “real” Hoverboard does in the movie – except actually Hover.

It will be made of plastic and will house electronics, so as the board is “moved” (i.e., pushing it with your foot or kicking it across the floor) it will make all of the film accurate noises, including the “whoosh” and “buzzing” noises. All will be sampled directly from the original movie sound effects (provided by our amazing partners at Universal!). It will gently glide over most flat surfaces, but as hovering technology is not expected to be invented until 2015, it does not actually leave the ground.

If you have seen our award winning Ghostbusters PKE meter or Ghost Trap prop replicas, you will know the quality to expect. We are putting a huge amount of work into this to ensure it is the most accurate it can be. We’ll even be meeting with several members of the BTTF production crew, including screenwriter Bob Gale and special effects supervisor Michael Lantieri, who will be bringing the original props to Mattel so we can review them and ensure our replica is as accurate as possible.

While the Board is not designed to be a “ride on,” we are working to ensure it holds as much weight as possible as we know a lot of fans will want to stand on it. But it will not support weight to float around on across your floor (that technology simply hasn’t been invented yet!), but it will be the exact same size as the one Marty McFly rode in the films.

We know fans and customers are putting a lot of faith in Mattel by preordering an item you have not held or seen a working final model. But just know that your faith will be rewarded. By pre-ordering now you will guarantee the price of $120 and get an exclusive 6” Hoverboard for use on most Mattel 6” action figures. There will be a very small number of units available in the fall, but the price will be higher and it will not include the 6” Hoverboard. If you are a BTTF fan, now is the time to pre-order as this will be the best was to guarantee you get what is sure to be one of the hottest toys of 2012!

The pre-order is from March 1 through March 20 only – there will definitely not be a sale extension. And while you are visiting Mattycollector.com, be sure to check out our March sale on essentials to start or complete your action figure collection for a variety of brands, like Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters and Voltron.
Again, this is an extremely limited time offer. Act now as the Hoverboard is being built to order. You may pre-order as many as you want, but once the pre-order closes, availability in the fall will be EXTREMELY limited. I highly suggest pre-ordering to guarantee your Hoverboard at the pre-order price, as well as get the exclusive 6” board for your action figures or desk display!

See you all in 2015!

Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich "

that's promising.

''We are putting a huge amount of work into this to ensure it is the most accurate it can be. We’ll even be meeting with several members of the BTTF production crew, including screenwriter Bob Gale and special effects supervisor Michael Lantieri, who will be bringing the original props to Mattel so we can review them and ensure our replica is as accurate as possible. ''

The one Marty pulls off? I could do without it. Marty pulls if off, tosses it and it's never seen again in the next couple movies. It'd just add to the cost and box size. I assume it'll have a hole for the handle to go in though.

What about the handlebars? Is Mattel going to release an incomplete Hoverboard? If so, how do they explain that black hole next to the Mattel logo? I know, the fan made replicas also have no handlebars. But hey: This is Mattel!

Gently glide over most flat surfaces, makes "whoosh" noises, holds as much weight as possible ... sounds good! But they should spend their energy for a screen accurate LOOK! That's the most important thing.

anyone in uk /europe ordered from matty ...wondered if the shipping is realistic or $$$$$ , im half intrested in getting one

anyone in uk /europe ordered from matty ...wondered if the shipping is realistic or $$$$$ , im half intrested in getting one

I am placing my order next week, but for India I got the following options.
Standard International Post $48.15
UPS International $67.65

I just checked with a friend from UK, who went with standard and had to pay $48.15 as well.

We are putting a huge amount of work into this to ensure it is the most accurate it can be. We’ll even be meeting with several members of the BTTF production crew, including screenwriter Bob Gale and special effects supervisor Michael Lantieri, who will be bringing the original props to Mattel so we can review them and ensure our replica is as accurate as possible.

Hmmm...I may have to seriously reconsider my "No, never! Not gonna buy this" stance.

I still have some time to think it through though.

Decisions, decisions.

-Nick

how have the ghostbuster items sold on ebay /classifieds etc

im thinking if its not to my liking , it may well fetch what i paid on ebay etc

Re: MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard"

close to hitting the button , i figure they will re sell for similar money if its not what i hoped

I think its unnecessary to discuss how many people have preordered...

Personally I think this sale is the biggest cheekiness ever...

Just think every company do it that way... We do it, but only if that much people order... that looks like extortion to me...

either they produce the hoverboard or not...

This attitude of "Lets see how many people order our plastic toy" is really godawful...

Of course there will be less orders for this piece, because no international shop or dealer will pre-order a prop, where it's unknown if it's getting in production...

So, give it up for Matty and another stupid idea since the Decembre Ghostbusters sale with 3 packs at one time for about $300 and the missing CE sign on that PKE some time ago...

I think its unnecessary to discuss how many people have preordered...

Personally I think this sale is the biggest cheekiness ever...

Just think every company do it that way... We do it, but only if that much people order... that looks like extortion to me...

either they produce the hoverboard or not...

This attitude of "Lets see how many people order our plastic toy" is really godawful...

Of course there will be less orders for this piece, because no international shop or dealer will pre-order a prop, where it's unknown if it's getting in production...

So, give it up for Matty and another stupid idea since the Decembre Ghostbusters sale with 3 packs at one time for about $300 and the missing CE sign on that PKE some time ago...

Good lord. Grow up. They are doing this way to make sure they can make a profit on it. If there isn't enough interest for a TWENTY FIVE YEAR OLD MOVIE prop then they don't want to take a bath in it. If you don't like it, don't order one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back