Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

The new vinyl is here! It is definitely warmer and more gray than the old one. The print is also slightly bigger. I won't know for sure until I put it on the breastplate, but I think this is the one!

20210226_135608.jpg

Last edited:
Since I last posted here, I got engaged and married and am now moving across the country! I've had no time, space, or materials to work but soon I'll have my own workshop in my new home. I hope to continue updates here in July and finish the costume for Dragon Con in September (if the COVID delta variant doesn't ruin all our plans :(). For now, here is a small update.

I ordered the perfect shoes for Shepard's boots!

H220fb14b678f49be9b982d4d74e06b3cc.jpgshoesside.PNG

Last edited:
Not bad, I think that the end of those lines, toward the bottom of the breast should be closer together...maybe one inch of those lines narrowing toward the bottom would be sufficient;)
Since you made this comment I adjusted the lines! I'll post the new breastplate next month

I ended up not going to Dragon Con due to travel complications and my workshop wasn't finished until this month! My new goal is to try to finish for Katsucon in February. With the release of the legendary edition, I've been able to get a much better look at the N7 armor in higher resolution. As such, I've had to make a couple adjustments to the back lighting, breastplate, biceps, and gauntlets. Hope to post the new breastplate soon!

Well, I did something cool! I designed a pattern based off the texture in the legendary edition and custom printed some fabric for a new undersuit. Here's how it turned out:

20211027_222716.jpgScreenShot005 (1).jpg

It came out a little too big, but it still looks really good! I'm going to put it in a dye bath to darken it a bit more before remaking the bodysuit.

wow cool! might i inquire where you are getting your fabric printed? My next project will need some custom fabric. Thx.

wow cool! might i inquire where you are getting your fabric printed? My next project will need some custom fabric. Thx.
I did it through Ali Express! The thing you have to consider is that because it's significantly cheaper than doing it locally or through an American company, you can't get samples or see what it'll look like until they actually send it to you. You also have to know what kind of fabric you want in advance. The print quality is really good though.

This is the listing for stretch fabrics but they have non stretch too: 10.64US $ 44% OFF|Customized advanced digital printed fabrics provide pictures or choose the patterns we design stretch fabric printing|Fabric| - AliExpress

Okay, it's been taking a LOT longer to paint this thing than I expected because I had to repaint a couple times and I have to wait 24 hours for it to completely dry :/ Waiting for it to dry sucks. I can't put the vinyl on until it's fully dry and I still have to test between satin and gloss finishes!

But here's what it looks like for now without any weathering or vinyl.

20211110_094329.jpg

I'm frustrated. I can't get the vinyl to look good with any paints. I've tried 6 different paint jobs to get the vinyl to match and nothing looks good. I think I have to scrap the vinyl angle and try to get the carbon fiber look some other way. Sanding off all this paint tomorrow...
20211110_160951.jpgCapture.PNG

I wonder if you lighten the black you're using a little if that would work? The screenshot black looks more faded so it's matching the carbon fiber better.

This is a great build! How did I only just now see this thread?

Have you considered spraying a transparent black over your vinyl to darken it and cut the contrast back a bit?
That's what I'd do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back