Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

raiskream

I've started on the back/neck piece! I'm using 8mm foam with 2mm for the details. I cut the details with my Cricut machine.

20201113_233831.jpg 20201114_012952.jpg

Last edited:

raiskream

20201120_165807.jpg

Finished 3D modeling, printing, and painting the N7 emblem and the hand, knuckle, and finger armor! I've been using Fusion 360 to model a few parts that are too annoying to do with foam. I had already done the N7 on the breastplate with vinyl, but I'm changing up a few things about it . And yes I know I didn't sand some of the parts all the way! I was lazy so please don't look too closely at the 3D printing lines lol. Printed on Ender 3 V2.

raiskream

Here's close up of the knuckle armor.
20201121_115447.jpg

I've found that the knee armor and possibly part of the shoe is the exact same shape, so I can just scale up the knuckle model for those parts.

20201121_123113.jpg

raiskream

Made some changes to the model for accuracy and reprinted it!

PicsArt_11-22-02.05.14.jpg

Comparison of old (right) vs new (left):

20201122_015009.jpg

What do you all think?

Last edited:

joberg

Master Member
Compared to the pic of the actual design, yours should taper more. As you can see, the form should be of a long trapeze.;)

raiskream

Compared to the pic of the actual design, yours should taper more. As you can see, the form should be of a long trapeze.;)
Though I agree that the original is skinnier in width. Unfortunately I don't have Shepard's body proportions . The piece is proportional to the rest of the back and neck armor, which is shorter and slightly wider than Shepard's!

joberg

Master Member
I understand that the proportion might not be the same, but it could help with the overall look of the costume if that piece was tapering.
I know, I'm nitpicking but it would be a shame to have that piece as a rectangle since the costume is, so far, very well made. As you know, it's the details that are important (it's the tree that makes the forest type of thinking);) Main thing is that you're happy with it, that's what count in the end(y)

raiskream

I understand that the proportion might not be the same, but it could help with the overall look of the costume if that piece was tapering.
I know, I'm nitpicking but it would be a shame to have that piece as a rectangle since the costume is, so far, very well made. As you know, it's the details that are important (it's the tree that makes the forest type of thinking);) Main thing is that you're happy with it, that's what count in the end(y)

Alright; you've convinced me. I had to spend a whole day learning new tricks in Fusion to get this right! But now I will have printed this piece 4 times :( This project better be worth all the $ in PLA filament!

raiskream

Alright; you've convinced me. I had to spend a whole day learning new tricks in Fusion to get this right! But now I will have printed this piece 4 times :( This project better be worth all the $ in PLA filament!

I also fixed a couple details on the light window.
?hash=5c82b8b2c9903d01447a98b3e7ce4afd.jpg

PicsArt_11-24-12.41.34.jpg

PicsArt_11-24-12.42.56.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-b4f3628727f864e0246b75fc1d56697d-V.jpg
    IMG-b4f3628727f864e0246b75fc1d56697d-V.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32

joberg

Master Member
Much better look now. I don't think there's holes around that central piece, just solid half-round pieces radiating around the main circle. Love also the way you've arched the whole box. Keep up the good work (y) (y)

raiskream

Much better look now. I don't think there's holes around that central piece, just solid half-round pieces radiating around the main circle. Love also the way you've arched the whole box. Keep up the good work (y) (y)
There are holes! But only 6 of them are lit. I actually have some additional plastic that is going to go behind the holes when I do the lighting.

Screenshot_20201124-103806_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.