Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

Ive made a start on my board.
I found a board on eBay with a similar shape to the original.
I’m not worried about it being an exact match to the film board.
Just as long as it looks close.
Once I have the wheels I can buy my trucks

Attachments

• 463F68A3-749D-40B6-85CD-DA7FA8724070.jpeg
    463F68A3-749D-40B6-85CD-DA7FA8724070.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 7CA61284-6524-4E03-8E90-EC4AE1496382.jpeg
    7CA61284-6524-4E03-8E90-EC4AE1496382.jpeg
    827.2 KB · Views: 456
Ive made a start on my board.
I found a board on eBay with a similar shape to the original.
I’m not worried about it being an exact match to the film board.
Just as long as it looks close.
Once I have the wheels I can buy my trucks
That’s really nice I think you’ve done a good job there pal! I’d love to get hold of a pair of nos wheels too, or even a more accurate set of reissues....as it seems there's 3 different types which isn’t very good! I’ll have to make do with the ones I have for now! I’ll try and post some pics of my board.

825D3B3C-CAB5-4A29-AE76-D5F1BA93FD0E.jpeg
BF20C956-E76F-4A4C-992C-5E9D1D05AC44.jpeg
9FD8884F-2FDA-4A2A-ABED-8912A989219C.jpeg
I started my board off with the deck which was a genuine 30th anniversary issue off eBay
Then I set about getting the other bits together.....I wanted it to get it fairly correct but also in the easiest way possible!
So I got another one of Madrid’s re-issued complete decks which had black trucks and fly wheels and swapped them out!

DEF223D1-19E6-48CD-9FA8-0988534F24F5.jpeg
3766B756-1555-40B3-80AF-839B7D1646B5.jpeg
07FCB8AE-3E48-4FCA-81F4-FD933DFD809F.jpeg
2529774E-CF05-4297-905F-E9C1AD25AC9B.jpeg
I took off the red Madrid copers which were actually really nice just a shame the weren’t white! But I managed to get some nos white z flex flat bottom copers off eBay and some stickers from Madrid and so I added them and that’s all really. It’s not perfect but I’ll most probably just keep it that way as I’m pretty happy with it :)

That’s really nice I think you’ve done a good job there pal! I’d love to get hold of a pair of nos wheels too, or even a more accurate set of reissues....as it seems there's 3 different types which isn’t very good! I’ll have to make do with the ones I have for now! I’ll try and post some pics of my board.
I’ve sent an email today to Madrid to try and find out why there are different reissue wheels and where I can find the ones that look closer to the originals.

I’ve sent an email today to Madrid to try and find out why there are different reissue wheels and where I can find the ones that look closer to the originals.
Keep us posted! They are really helpful at Madrid but they’ll most likely tell you what’s already been said on this thread! That the only fly wheels available now are the same as what I have....not a match! But still nice! The middle version weren’t the same at all and had a completely different profile... lots of boards went out with these on and I’m not a big fan of those! But the ones from the 2010 re-issue and early 2015 re-issue decks were the most similar eg sidewall profile etc but had printed text as opposed to inset....I like these the best of the re-issued! Of course I’d love to get my hands on a set of nos....but not for silly money!

Last edited:
Jus bought my risers, sure grip trucks and wheels, not the wheels I wanted, but I’ll find the original wheels one day
I’ll post pictures when I get my parts

I sent you a PM with the download links for the vectors.
Hi there!
I‘m new here. I already made some Skateboards from scratch, included the Board of my childhood. In this case, I was able to scan the bottom.
For the Valterra, I can’t find any good scan (for obvious reasons).
Would you please send me your vector of the board? Would be very kind.
Thanks in advance!!!!

I asked Madrid about this. They were making some Valterra Decks at the time, and they decided to collab on the prop. Its a full Madrid set up with Valterra Splatter graphics.

I attempted to pick up a vintage Madrid Valterra board on eBay today, but after the bidding went to $355, I'm contemplating making a board instead.

Madrid sells a "vintage" style board that appears to be the same shape as the Valterra. I thought perhaps it could be sanded down, painted black, and then have the splatter graphics applied via adhesive vinyl? Does anybody out there have the graphics saved in a manner that would be conducive to reproducing in this manner?

Below is the board I thought I would use for the base. Thoughts?

View attachment 429703
Thats the exact shape, with Vaterra Splatter graphics on it. Also the boards from stranger things.

I get not copying another replica to make a replica, I'm just not following why you would need to redo it at all. Once I post the vector file, it's done... isn't it? Unless it's just something you want to do so you aren't sharing someone else's work in the collection of things you share, in which case I certainly won't stop you. :)

Either way, after New Years, I'll post all the pics, scans and files of the hero boards and you guys can Kung Fu them to your heart's content. I can't post them all before then because it's a conflict of interests between WGB/Madrid/Universal and me. That said, if there are any specific details that anybody here is dying to see, I'll definitely continue to do what I can.

Here are photos of the four boards you helped with, Roland. They're pretty bad ass. The pink McFly, the No-Tech, the Odd Man Out and the Rising Sun. We had some other people working on graphics for the boards as well, but yours were more accurate. I did the Pitbull graphics myself. I built the EFX Pitbull prototype so I had already done all the work on that board. I don't have a Madrid Pitbull yet, when I was there a couple of days ago, the clear grip coat was still drying. I know this is just the Valterra/Madrid McFly board thread, but the other boards in the same 30th Anniversary collection are relevant, I think.

View attachment 557056View attachment 557055View attachment 557057View attachment 557058View attachment 557059View attachment 557060View attachment 557061View attachment 557062View attachment 557063
are any of these vectors available, and how did you get the lenticular graphic effect?

View attachment 980828 View attachment 980829 View attachment 980830 View attachment 980831 I took off the red Madrid copers which were actually really nice just a shame the weren’t white! But I managed to get some nos white z flex flat bottom copers off eBay and some stickers from Madrid and so I added them and that’s all really. It’s not perfect but I’ll most probably just keep it that way as I’m pretty happy with it :)

Besides the wheels, whats not perfect about it? You even managed to find white NOS Z-Flex flat bottom copers. Which are kinda hard to find now days. Even in the right length as well. The rest of the board is exactly screen accurate

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back