Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

I sent Madrid an email regarding this whole snafu and requested the advise me if they are actually doing the shipping and if so requested they provide me with a tracking number. I also provided them with the order numbers and the apparently bogus tracking number I was provided by WGB. In addition I made sure to let them know that this snafu has resulted in a lot of upset people and requested they address the continued lack of customer service and communication by WGB. Hopefully they can give me some factual answers and straighten out this mess. I would hate for the problems with WGB staff to reflect poorly on Madrid.

I encourage everyone who has not received confirmation of their board shipping with tracking information do the same. This is the link to contact Madrid
http://madridskateboards.com/contact

Last edited:
Madrid - Valterra 30th 2a.jpgMadrid - Valterra 30th 1a.jpg

This is what arrived yesterday......It really does look awesome. Yes it is concave, approx 3/16". No flat on the copers. No COA. Lets hope they make this right.

Hoopty

Looking closely at this replica, the 25th anniversary replica, the off the shelf board, and the screen used board, I found out that the front and back wheels are too close together coming towards the middle. Just look at the distance of the screws from the ends. I think Madrid just re used the 25th anniversary decks.

This is the 25th anniversary board (right) next to an off the shelf conversion (left) by user @TheRealMcFly.

Now the screen used board.
attachment.php

The graphics on both official replicas is too low as well.

Last edited:
That board looks really good, but I'm a little miffed about them not including the COA. Especially if it never comes at all. I am miffed about the copers not being correct, but we got a heads up on them not being included on the boards.

Not having the COA, you're right, just one thing after the other.

Also, I went ahead a send Madrid an e-mail just now. So we'll see what they say.

James

Looking closely at this replica, the 25th anniversary replica, the off the shelf board, and the screen used board, I found out that the front and back wheels are too close together coming towards the middle. Just look at the distance of the screws from the ends. I think Madrid just re used the 25th anniversary decks.

This is the 25th anniversary board (right) next to an off the shelf conversion (left) by user @TheRealMcFly.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/budmataul/vmsbottom.jpg
Now the screen used board.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=555013&d=1447547378
The graphics on both official replicas is too low as well.

Honestly, the deck itself looks great as do the decals. The accuracy issues I have are with the wheels, copers, and trucks, but that seems like beating a dead horse at this point. I'll likely do what others here will do and pick up the correct copers and get extra decals from Madrid. All of that aside at this point I'm most upset with the constant gaffes and the fact that those at WGB are not showing any sense of urgency to fix the problem and get it right.

If I really wanted to I would remove the hardware, take the grip tape off with a heat gun, filling the holes with wood putty, drill holes in the correct spots, apply new grip tape, grind the wheel wells to account for the wheels being lower and fill in the top of the wells since they would now be too big, repaint those areas, and re attach the hardware. But that is an extreme thing to do.

And here's the "C" board, clearly different. Also a board used by production, but I don't think it got any screen time. The front grip tape is cut differently, and the placement of all the decals is different. Hard to say exactly what this board was for, but it's to the same amount of wear as the other two boards and it came from the set and was given to Madrid at the same time the "A" board was given to Valterra.

View attachment 555021

I remember seeing a board in the blooper with the Madrid sticker on the back, could it be this board?

Untitled_1ffre.jpg

Honestly, the deck itself looks great as do the decals. The accuracy issues I have are with the wheels, copers, and trucks, but that seems like beating a dead horse at this point. I'll likely do what others here will do and pick up the correct copers and get extra decals from Madrid. All of that aside at this point I'm most upset with the constant gaffes and the fact that those at WGB are not showing any sense of urgency to fix the problem and get it right.

I'm here, Dream34, with a sense of urgency, answering your questions and trying to fix what I can. Send me your order number and I'll find out exactly where your board is. I completely agree with you about the lack of communication, which again is why I'm here feilding someone else's flack. I know you didn't attend the events, but they were absolutely massive. I know that doesn't put a COA in the box your skateboard will arrive in, and it doesn't make your board arrive on time. But your board will show up, and you will get a COA, and it will still be numbered in the same order it would have been. It will arrive separately, but it will arrive. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Last edited:
I'm here, Dream34, with a sense of urgency, answering your questions and trying to fix what I can. Send me your order number and I'll find out exactly where your board is. I completely agree with you about the lack of communication, which again is why I'm here feilding someone else's flack. I know you didn't attend the events, but they were absolutely massive. I know that doesn't put a COA in the box your skateboard will arrive in, and it doesn't make your board arrive on time. But your board will show up, and you will get a COA, and it will still be numbered in the same order it would have been. It will arrive separately, but it will arrive. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

I appreciate your efforts, I really do! But obviously you are here trying to clean up somebody else's mess. The problem is those whose mess you are trying to clean up are not as receptive to fixing the issue(s) as you, rather they are seemingly plodding along the same course and have made no attempt to improve communication with those who ordered not only the skateboards, but autographs, t-shirts, etc. They obviously know there is a communication error, but still are not fixing it aside from a few form letter emails. I realize that you are making an effort and again it is really appreciated, but the fact of the matter is you are only able to reach a limited number of folks who are having issues by responding here. There is little to no response on the Facebook page and the email communication is poor at best. If those of us here are still this frustrated and pissed off even with your assistance can you imagine those who are not here and receiving no response to their inquiries either via email or Facebook ?

I I think we all understand the events were a massive undertaking, but that is in the past at this point. I still can't figure out why these guys cannot respond to a simple email and I'm on an online forum trying to get answers from their one buddy that is the only one who seems to have his stuff in one sock. I'll send you the order numbers via PM. But please talk to these guys and make them understand that they really need to be going above and beyond to fix this issue, not tell folks to "relax and wait". Seriously, that time has passed they just need to fix the problem and probably kiss a little a**. They have a lot of upset folks.

Dream34, I checked with Madrid about your tracking number. Your number is valid. Two of the shipments (yours and one other) didn't get properly scanned in at FedEx, but they did get picked up by FedEx at Madrid and went out with a large load of other boards that got scanned in just fine. I know, Murphy's Law that it was your board.

From Shane at Madrid, "So those two are also actually the correct tracking numbers. We checked with fedex to find out the problem. I'm guessing these didn't get scanned in at their warehouse. Either way, they do have the packages and assured me the same tracking numbers will be active by the end of the day."

I'll keep an eye on your tracking number and help make sure this all gets worked out.

I don't want to open up another can of worms here, but in the event we can't get anyone to produce the flat-bottomed copers in white, couldn't we just make a mold from whichever copers are the best, and just cast new ones in white? I could do it. If you guys think that's worth doing, I'll do it. That way, nobody's out anything, but everyone here could potentially benefit. Proper stickers on proper copers doesn't sound too bad.

Dream34, I checked with Madrid about your tracking number. Your number is valid. Two of the shipments (yours and one other) didn't get properly scanned in at FedEx, but they did get picked up by FedEx at Madrid and went out with a large load of other boards that got scanned in just fine. I know, Murphy's Law that it was your board.

From Shane at Madrid, "So those two are also actually the correct tracking numbers. We checked with fedex to find out the problem. I'm guessing these didn't get scanned in at their warehouse. Either way, they do have the packages and assured me the same tracking numbers will be active by the end of the day."

I'll keep an eye on your tracking number and help make sure this all gets worked out.

hey do you think you could check my order number?

A bit of good news for everyone, I just got an email notice from FedEx and my boards are on the way! So anyone worried about the shipping, if nothing gets sent to you today I'm sure it'll probably be sent tomorrow...hopefully.

I don't want to open up another can of worms here, but in the event we can't get anyone to produce the flat-bottomed copers in white, couldn't we just make a mold from whichever copers are the best, and just cast new ones in white? I could do it. If you guys think that's worth doing, I'll do it. That way, nobody's out anything, but everyone here could potentially benefit. Proper stickers on proper copers doesn't sound too bad.

I think that sounds reasonable, that way we wouldn't have to go out and purchase another brand, hoping they work. So yeah, I'm down for this plan. :) Here's a question, when do you think they would become available?

James

A bit of good news for everyone, I just got an email notice from FedEx and my boards are on the way! So anyone worried about the shipping, if nothing gets sent to you today I'm sure it'll probably be sent tomorrow...hopefully.

I think that sounds reasonable, that way we wouldn't have to go out and purchase another brand, hoping they work. So yeah, I'm down for this plan. :) Here's a question, when do you think they would become available?

James

James, do you mean if I made them when would they become available? I just want to make 100% sure that's what you mean.

First I'd have to get my hands on a great pair of copers that everyone's happy with. I'm not sure how to accomplish that yet. Someone will have to take a leap of faith. After that, I could make the mold in just a few days. The originals would be completely unharmed and immediately returned. Then, it's just a matter of my doing the castings and making sure they come out the right color. Certainly if everyone wants me to do this, the whole process would happen on the table for everyone to see, comment on, etc... I'm down to do it, if that's what enough of you would like. The end result would be copers identical to the originals. I know some of you here don't know me very well, but I know my way around making molds. These copers should be a cakewalk.

- - - Updated - - -

hey do you think you could check my order number?

Absolutely. PM me your order number.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back