Mara Jade Harness WIP

Jonathan Bowen

So I'm working on a set of Mara Jade kits. Mostly laser cut stuff. I have a bit of a question on the harness.

This is what I have so far.

2015-02-11 16.54.59.jpg

Its laser cut MDF so it has an actual slot for the leather. Should be a bit more comfy then most of the ones I've seen out there.

2015-02-11 16.55.16.jpg

The big question is does the center piece need to be taller? Most of the builds I have seen have it much taller. However, this is the only reference shot I have found so far and it looks very flat.

169.jpg

Just wondering if there is some reason that most everyone does it with a taller center bit. I can add another layer of MDF to the kit.

I've also done a holdout blaster for the costume. It's an MDF kit as well but I'll do another build log for it once I start the second round of prototyping with it. I have a few bits to figure out first.

2015-02-11 17.02.56.jpg2015-02-11 17.03.01.jpg2015-01-31 14.04.12.jpg

I'm looking to develop a few other kits like the cape clasp and maybe a belt kit. Also looking at Green Dress Mara for a few bits.

That looks good and subtle enough in regards to your reference picture ... also remember that for movies most prop parts are sometimes made larger so we notice them better on screen hence the fact that some of other Mara Jade costumers felt the need to exaggerate the size perhaps ;)

Chaim

Well I guess then I might stick with the size it is. Cause I really like the look and feel of it. I was just concerned that I was missing a reference for it that showed a center bit protruding more then the one I posted.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back