Jodo’s Star Wars Basement Renovation (WIP)

Jodo

Master Member
Well, ever since the flood in March of this year, my basement has been empty. That occurred before I could even unpack my collection in our new house, so I had felt pretty run down. The sump pumps were completely replaced, and some other minor things were done to help insure no further flooding might occur.

A month ago, I finally got the courage to start thinking about renovating the entire basement. I decided to fully commit to an overhaul of the entire area, and make it my dream space. After plotting some logistics and planning some purchases, it has begun.

My plans include:
Shelved wall for my memorabilia collection
Death Star wall for my lightsabers and TV
Weapons wall for my blaster collection
A small cantina area
A small droid area
A small creatures area
Greeblie the stairwell and add lighting
Either design door components or wrap them
Add new outlet and switch plate covers
Paint (or replace) ceiling fan (depending on budget)

Budget: $1800

I purchased the shelves last week:
C4F63552-5C63-42DF-BEFB-65C3B5C295B4.jpeg

And this week I picked up the Imperial panels:
15EFB140-33B3-44B5-B79E-E2427BC138C8.jpeg

A71F023E-38FA-4D3A-8418-D64FABAEE846.jpeg

I also collected the parts for some of my droids:
4519B5B3-B0A1-4F93-A03B-FF2C01095972.jpeg

39642A3D-C14F-4613-8394-7A5A1A433FFD.jpeg

70C389DA-6923-43B3-8C66-6BCAF0BB55C8.jpeg

And finished one creature, while collecting parts and cages for a few others.
3A6752B5-BDFD-4519-A2C5-D5BDC2489ABE.jpeg

So far so good…

My precaution with pretty much all furniture and decor is that it’s either plastic or metal, so if it does flood again, at least it won’t be immediately ruined like the particle board shelves.
I think I pretty much have to have our dehumidifier running 24/7 or I find light blue misting/spores on materials... the perils of living in an 18th century house..
Think The Evil Dead cellar but with cobbled floor and your pretty much there.

Good ventilationhelpss.
My last Bucket went soft as it was still a work in progress.

I think I pretty much have to have our dehumidifier running 24/7 or I find light blue misting/spores on materials... the perils of living in an 18th century house..
Think The Evil Dead cellar but with cobbled floor and your pretty much there.

Good ventilationhelpss.
My last Bucket went soft as it was still a work in progress.
A soft bucket will ruin any relationship! LOL

That sucks about your basement being like that. My issue was the sump pump and battery backup simultaneously failed, the French drain system failed, and there was just way too much rain. Hopefully everything has been mitigated now…

What imperial panels are those?
Home Depot ones! They are the Barrette screen panels.

A soft bucket will ruin any relationship! LOL

That sucks about your basement being like that. My issue was the sump pump and battery backup simultaneously failed, the French drain system failed, and there was just way too much rain. Hopefully everything has been mitigated now…

Home Depot ones! They are the Barrette screen panels.
Ah the dreaded French drains.. when they work well they do.
And when they don't you find you've acquired a new furry family.

Anyhoo enough of my woes..

Pics or it ain't happening

That’s what I get for trusting the French and their so-called drains! LOL

We hung the drywall yesterday. Next step is to paint the new drywall, baseboard, and mid wall trim. I’m not going to mud anything I don’t think. It would look nicer in a few spots, but most of the walls will be covered by shelves or panels…

2B7E2B31-9984-4E6E-A189-E8191BEC33DA.jpeg

Any updates?
Not on the painting or trim side of things, but I did buy numerous items to use as wall greeblies! I’m trying to plan as much stuff out as possible, so once painting and stuff is done, I can essentially just put stuff up.

A4F87FAB-9FD7-4D45-B3A0-D08DE93B12A1.jpeg

70CE42FB-B4F7-439F-BF66-1C807061F1CE.jpeg

And then I have these wall lights as well, which I plan to use in my stairwell, since it’s not lit for some reason.
EF49BA46-D717-4F71-AEB3-CB3F70E58739.jpeg

Also bought some 3D printed items to use, and some outlet covers as well, though I haven’t received them yet.

Thanks guys! The large size panels are from Home Depot! They’re plastic lattice, meant for decks.

No major updates yet…I have been spending hours (HOURS) using Goo-Gone to remove adhesive off the tile. The previous owners laid carpet and used a few different types of glue to secure it. I’ve been scrapping this stuff off for days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back