Mandalorian Season 3

It's basically a soap opera and that's the problem with all SW TV, the character arcs are all feelings and emotions, sure you get that in the movies, but the TV shows are slow burns and IMHO dull. I swear that's why George never made live SW TV, there's an interview somewhere where he said that to make SW TV would actually turn it into soap.

Out of all of the SW TV, Mando is the best, best it's definitely running off the rails.

Per Shawna, the Costume Designer on The Mandalorian and BoBF, the explanation for the Foundling with the leather helmet that everyone in this thread was ripping apart a few pages back, is that it was a Special Needs Child whose costume and helmet were modified and designed in order for him to be comfortable for filming.

View attachment 1686866

If anyone has read the Republic Commando books, this fits in perfectly with how Mandos treat other Mandos. For example, one character in one of the novels has a traumatic brain injury so they mark his helmet so everyone instantly knows he might need help.

Just read that those are the same jackets that Indiana Jones wears. *shrug*
I do think there should have been a better "in THEIR universe" choice for the jackets.
There's just too much of it going on in this show, it takes you out of the magic...cowboy hats, top gun jackets, pirates of the Caribbean in space....the influences should influence new creations not just be lifted up and dropped in for youtubers to spot.

There's just too much of it going on in this show, it takes you out of the magic...cowboy hats, top gun jackets, pirates of the Caribbean in space....the influences should influence new creations not just be lifted up and dropped in for youtubers to spot.
It seems that the production values are going toward a more '30s serial kinda episodes...not having time to build/transform one-of-a-kind stuff on the fly.

It seems that the production values are going toward a more '30s serial kinda episodes...not having time to build/transform one-of-a-kind stuff on the fly.
I don't buy that. Star Wars is now an industry in and of itself. I've worked on a few productions (here in the UK) now and seen many parts recycled, re-used and also a whole bunch of new stuff bespoke made for essentially deep background. It's deliberate ;)

Last edited:
More baby yoda , more soup, more eggs !

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ahhh damn! I can't use my VPN to watch the newest episode. Bummer, I wonder why that is? Do they use USA East coast as the "midnight" starting of the day point?

I really don't know what I'm watching, good to see Jack Black & Christopher Lloyd,.... they did a fine job,....but this is like a school play, or like watching kids playing with their Star Wars figures

Really amateur storytelling, & I predicted that Battledroids would make a comeback as they do in every Filoni project (not just as a flashback)

J

I’ve not watched it yet, but when I logged into social media this morning, the very first thing on my feed was “No spoilers for Mando, but what the hell am I even watching?”

I really don't know what I'm watching, good to see Jack Black & Christopher Lloyd,.... they did a fine job,....but this is like a school play, or like watching kids playing with their Star Wars figures

Really amateur storytelling, & I predicted that Battledroids would make a comeback as they do in every Filoni project (not just as a flashback)

J
Where all the toys have been jumbled up and picked at random...

I like Jack Black, I like Christopher Lloyd, I don't know enough about Lizzo to have an opinion either way.

That said, Jack & Lizzo, I felt, were trying to personify the ineptitude of a lazy, recreation-heavy, pleasure-seeking society, & in that, TOTALLY overreacted to the point of silliness.

The rest of the episode I really enjoyed, from the detective-noir type of story, to the Blade Runner homages.

It really felt like a late 2000's episode of Doctor Who, where they showed things like the opening with the Quarren & Mon Cal love story to bring 'humanity' to these alien species. I get the reason for it, to show that the Mandalorians aren't concerned with guilt or innocence, nor is it personal. It's simple business.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back