Mandalorian Season 1 Grogu M1944 food case crib

AxeKando

I did an extensive search in this forum on this subject and came up blank, so I thought I’d share what I know. I even scanned the whole Mandalorian resource thread. Hope this helps out others that were contemplating making a replica.

In Season 1 of the Mandalorian you see Grogu inside a makeshift crib made from a case. Not the hover pram.

IMG_0296.jpeg

For those who don’t know, it’s a WWII food transport case. Specifically a Mermite M1944 food case.

IMG_3927.jpeg

It has a simple enough greeblie made up of a heat sink, painted keyboard keys and an illuminated button. It was made to cover up the embossed lettering. I couldn’t source the heat sink so I decided to design my own, that doubles as a base for the keys and button.

Image 11-4-23 at 15.35.jpeg

The keyboard keys are older style 18mm x 18mm. I found a push button that was also 18x18mm.

IMG_3993.jpeg

One key is painted red and the other two blue. The push button can be made to be illuminated but I decided not to since the case is so thick. I may go back and do it in the future.

IMG_4002.jpeg

I added some additional weathering to the case so it matches better the version in the show. I’m very happy with the outcome. I have shared the STL file on Thingiverse if anyone wants it. Hope this helps others.

IMG_4004.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back