Mandalorian Reference Thread

You're right, the new ears look off. I love that they're metal, but they look weird.

You can see the seamline along the edge of the Mohawk. It seems to be constructed exactly as I expected, with the mohawk and rear vent hiding the main seam.

It is in desperate need of a repaint.

CollageMaker_20210723_081903352__01__01.jpg

Last edited:
Also, why is it so expensive? The PCR Boba Fett was only $380. It is a much more complicated helmet and it has no competition in that price range. $450 is too high for this PCR helmet.

I have a EFX Season 2 on Pre-oreder. for $755.

I love the PCR line. Always have, but it was supposed to be a much less expensive alternative. At this point why not spend the extra $300 for full lined fiberglass.

Also, why is it so expensive? The PCR Boba Fett was only $380. It is a much more complicated helmet and it has no competition in that price range. $450 is too high for this PCR helmet.
It could be also a "license-thing" or something.Mando is a lot more popular as Boba ever was.
So more money in EFXs and Disneys pockets.;)

And you´re right the ears are really bad.Hope they change that before they release the helmets.
Overall the PCR line is great...have the Vader and the Boba.The Boba is outstanding for the price.

I have a EFX Season 2 on Pre-oreder. for $755.

I love the PCR line. Always have, but it was supposed to be a much less expensive alternative. At this point why not spend the extra $300 for full lined fiberglass.

I have had five different EFX “premium” fiberglass helmets through my hands for refinishing. Not a single one was without flaws. Some worse than others.

The biggest issue, and the reason I stopped taking them for refinishing, was because they were incredibly prone to cracking. Look around the threads and in the FB groups, this is a known issue. Other issues include warped casts, wonky lines, soft details, etc. Fiberglass does not magically equal better quality, especially if those doing the casts and molds are unskilled. Not to mention the horrible finish.

What you’re getting with the PCR is a helmet injection cast from a metal mold. In theory there should be minimal quality issues, and no risk of cracking. Every cast should be sharp and feature the geometry as it was intended to be. With a swap of the ears and a proper repaint it will be cheaper than the fiberglass helmet and much better quality. So, since you asked, that is why I’m not personally spending the $300 more...

Attachments

• A1F61A29-670B-4660-B204-B4F9B0850D1F.jpeg
    A1F61A29-670B-4660-B204-B4F9B0850D1F.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 146
  • BA38A7BC-6878-413B-8B6C-9B9D6C1F97B4.jpeg
    BA38A7BC-6878-413B-8B6C-9B9D6C1F97B4.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 46558709-2266-4E8A-9E30-654CB6C0B146.jpeg
    46558709-2266-4E8A-9E30-654CB6C0B146.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I have had five different EFX “premium” fiberglass helmets through my hands for refinishing. Not a single one was without flaws. Some worse than others.

The biggest issue, and the reason I stopped taking them for refinishing, was because they were incredibly prone to cracking. Look around the threads and in the FB groups, this is a known issue. Other issues include warped casts, wonky lines, soft details, etc. Fiberglass does not magically equal better quality, especially if those doing the casts and molds are unskilled. Not to mention the horrible finish.

What you’re getting with the PCR is a helmet injection cast from a metal mold. In theory there should be minimal quality issues, and no risk of cracking. Every cast should be sharp and feature the geometry as it was intended to be. With a swap of the ears and a proper repaint it will be cheaper than the fiberglass helmet and much better quality. So, since you asked, that is why I’m not personally spending the $300 more...

Oh sure. I love the PCR line. I will never give up my Boba PCR. It's my favorite helmet. I was just saying they are getting more and more expensive and getting closer to the price of the premiere line.

That's why I love BBTS. Any problems and it goes back until a perfect one arrives. When I pay for a premiere line helmet it's gonna be to my satisfaction or it's going back, and several have.

BTW I knew there were some problems with the fiberglass helmets but I had no idea they were that bad. Dang!!!!!!!!!!! Those pics hurt.

BTW I knew there were some problems with the fiberglass helmets but I had no idea they were that bad. Dang!!!!!!!!!!! Those pics hurt.

I received this from Anovos. Both pictures are from the same AT-ACT Driver helmet. The sad thing is I had sent another one back because it had this minor issue where part of the Imperial emblem about the size of a pen tip had come off. Nobody in the world would've ever noticed it. Worst case it looked like battle-damage. I wished I would've just kept it because this was the next one to arrive and there was no way I was keeping it. The packaging was in perfect condition, so this was done by whoever packed it in the box. I never did get a replacement.

1627259360352.png
1627259326473.png

The problem with this "fiberglas" from china is that the resin is really cheap and low quality.
When you use high quality resin and make enough layers its really hard like a rock.
Its really a shame that lots of the EFX premium helmet had this problems.
My brother and I have perfect EFX helmets with no flaws or something..so I think lots are also ok.
You read most times from the bad ones because the other owners are happy. ;)

Now here's a realistic looking Amban Phase-pulse blaster...

1627491230685.png

It's only $20, inflatable and if you can't read the sarcasm in my post, trust me this is meant as a joke.

I may still pick one of these up. I have Boba Fett's inflatable jet pack from years ago.

Last edited:
I received this from Anovos. Both pictures are from the same AT-ACT Driver helmet. The sad thing is I had sent another one back because it had this minor issue where part of the Imperial emblem about the size of a pen tip had come off. Nobody in the world would've ever noticed it. Worst case it looked like battle-damage. I wished I would've just kept it because this was the next one to arrive and there was no way I was keeping it. The packaging was in perfect condition, so this was done by whoever packed it in the box. I never did get a replacement.

View attachment 1479065 View attachment 1479063
Ouch, but it looks repairable but with a repaint. Sucks that the part looks to be thin material.

Ouch, but it looks repairable but with a repaint. Sucks that the part looks to be thin material.

It was repairable, but I paid for a brand new, intact helmet, so it went back. Unfortunately that's when I found out what kind of company Anovos was and even though I was promised a refund, I never received one. I ended up going through my bank to get the money back. Which the bank came through for me.

This was the last time I ever purchased anything directly from Anovos and I never will again.

I'm sure you're all aware, but just in case Disney aired a new episode of Gallery: The Mandalorian yesterday. Great episode! I love seeing all the behind-the-scenes footage.
It's pretty incredible. The ILMVFX youtube channel also came out with another video on the Volume, which was super cool as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back