Mandalorian Reference Thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ares X

Unfortunately, my figure set was the cheap version....ya cheap, it cost me almost $400 CDN. There are no electrical parts. I want the Cara Dune (Gina Carano) figure as well to complete the set but that will run me nearly $1000.

Wow! That is NOT cheap.

Is there a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Cara Dune? I haven't seen it. Or are you referring to the Sideshow Premium Format?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vee

Im confused about Hot Toys and Sideshow. I bought from and paid Sideshow, but the box said Hot Toys. I had to wait 3 months for it and paid up front. There is a 1:6 scale of Cara Dune as well, but she doesnt deliver until November. Since she has been fired though I wonder if the price will go up as it being a rarity of only the 2 seasons. But her figure looks really good and it would be nice to have a set. The deluxe Mandalorian comes with lots of extras some that light up. There are a couple versions of Grogu. But I got what I wanted and I can add any lighting with Photoshop.

Vee

Here is another shot from a few minutes ago. I love this figure.

DSC_4358CCEgoLR.jpg

DBoz

Sr Member
Hot Toys is a manufacturer of high end figures. Sideshow is their North American distributor. I don’t believe Hot Toys has announced a Cara Dune figure, but there is a Sideshow Premium Format listed on their website that is expected to ship in November. This is not a Hot Toys Figure. Also, the premium format figures are 1/4 scale.

Ares X

Hot Toys is a manufacturer of high end figures. Sideshow is their North American distributor. I don’t believe Hot Toys has announced a Cara Dune figure, but there is a Sideshow Premium Format listed on their website that is expected to ship in November. This is not a Hot Toys Figure. Also, the premium format figures are 1/4 scale.

Thanks! I thought I was losing it as I didn't remember hearing about a Hot Toys or Sideshow Cara Dune other than the Premium Format version.

Vee- The two figures would be completely out of scale with each other. Oh and KILLER picture!

Vee

After teaching Mando the guitar all morning I managed to get him a gig playing the Cantina on Thursdays as backup for the Carpet Frogs.

MandoInCantinaGuitarFinalEgoLR.jpg

Last edited:

Ares X

I received the Hasbro Black Series The Mandalorian helmet today and they knocked it out of the park again. As soon as I opened the box I could tell I would be happy because I noticed the helmet was wrapped in tissue paper. The only reason I could figure this was is because it has a shiny silver finish and YES IT DOES!!! It takes one AA battery. No sound, which I don't care about anyway. It has two red LEDs in the highly detailed interior of the helmet and not really sure what they're for, but they look cool and you don't notice them when wearing it. You can snap off the ear piece and replace with the flashlight feature and it's nice and bright. I will need to pad it a bit for trooping as the head harness isn't super comfortable and because the helmet is more snug than the Boba Fett helmet, there's not a lot of room and some of the detailed pieces rub against my head.

Here's a comparison of the $120 MSRP Hasbro helmet and the $700 Anovos helmet.

There are plusses and minuses to both.

ANOVOS

• $700+
  • Made of fiberglass. Much sturdier.
  • Heavy. Not good for cosplay.
  • Padded interior. Better for cosplay.
  • Paint is a little too dark.
  • Different sheens/weathered.
HASBRO

• $119.99 MSRP
  • Made of plastic. Could warp in sun or near heat.
  • Light. Great for cosplay.
  • Detailed interior. Great for display.
  • Head strap not as comfortable. Not great for cosplay.
  • Has a more metallic look.
  • Shiny/clean.
  • Electronic lights and flashlight feature.

1617325788641.png

1617325800191.png

1617325809756.png

1617325819890.png

1617325832282.png

1617325840991.png

Last edited:

Massacci

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any chance you could take detailed measurements of the two and compare them? I'm talking ears, visor, ridges, etc. as well as diameter and whatnot. I'd really appreciate it.

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nope thats the one. If its cancelled, Amazon doesnt think so, they keep notifying me of the date changing, right now they say Arriving May 17 - Jun 19.

AnLuMa

i search the net for a reson of cancelling.... and i've found a report from starwarsnewsnet, who has infos from another site.

Our source has new information that explains somewhat the cancellation of the book. The Visual Guide was shut down at the last minute because the multiple, interconnected series coming to Disney+ requires a different strategy. Lucasfilm wants to have more control over the books. According to our source The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide – or an updated and changed version – will not be released before 2022.

so the write to dk books, and got a responce....

Thank you for your email and your question about our upcoming title Star Wars The Mandalorian The Ultimate Visual Guide. This title is still set to publish and be released in July and there have not been any mentions of this title being canceled from within our company.

Just to be on the safe side, I passed your email along to our Licensing Creative team in the UK to confirm as I have not heard anything to suggest that this title might be canceled, once I receive confirmation I’ll let you know. I also passed this on to my direct supervisor, our US Director of Publishing Operations, and he confirmed that he also hasn’t heard any mention that this title might be canceled.

ok, they article is a while ago, but the "interconnected series" part sounds legit to me,

but i don't understan what these later series hast to do with these book.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.