Mandalorian Reference Thread

Another couple of shots taken this week.

MandoInAntelopeCanyonEgoLR.jpg

MandalorianInMonumentValleyEgoLR.jpg

After teaching Mando the guitar all morning I managed to get him a gig playing the Cantina on Thursdays as backup for the Carpet Frogs.

MandoInCantinaGuitarFinalEgoLR.jpg

Last edited:
I received the Hasbro Black Series The Mandalorian helmet today and they knocked it out of the park again. As soon as I opened the box I could tell I would be happy because I noticed the helmet was wrapped in tissue paper. The only reason I could figure this was is because it has a shiny silver finish and YES IT DOES!!! It takes one AA battery. No sound, which I don't care about anyway. It has two red LEDs in the highly detailed interior of the helmet and not really sure what they're for, but they look cool and you don't notice them when wearing it. You can snap off the ear piece and replace with the flashlight feature and it's nice and bright. I will need to pad it a bit for trooping as the head harness isn't super comfortable and because the helmet is more snug than the Boba Fett helmet, there's not a lot of room and some of the detailed pieces rub against my head.

Here's a comparison of the $120 MSRP Hasbro helmet and the $700 Anovos helmet.

There are plusses and minuses to both.

ANOVOS

• $700+
  • Made of fiberglass. Much sturdier.
  • Heavy. Not good for cosplay.
  • Padded interior. Better for cosplay.
  • Paint is a little too dark.
  • Different sheens/weathered.
HASBRO

• $119.99 MSRP
  • Made of plastic. Could warp in sun or near heat.
  • Light. Great for cosplay.
  • Detailed interior. Great for display.
  • Head strap not as comfortable. Not great for cosplay.
  • Has a more metallic look.
  • Shiny/clean.
  • Electronic lights and flashlight feature.

1617325788641.png

1617325800191.png

1617325809756.png

1617325819890.png

1617325832282.png

1617325840991.png

Last edited:
Any chance you could take detailed measurements of the two and compare them? I'm talking ears, visor, ridges, etc. as well as diameter and whatnot. I'd really appreciate it.

Nope thats the one. If its cancelled, Amazon doesnt think so, they keep notifying me of the date changing, right now they say Arriving May 17 - Jun 19.

i search the net for a reson of cancelling.... and i've found a report from starwarsnewsnet, who has infos from another site.

Our source has new information that explains somewhat the cancellation of the book. The Visual Guide was shut down at the last minute because the multiple, interconnected series coming to Disney+ requires a different strategy. Lucasfilm wants to have more control over the books. According to our source The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide – or an updated and changed version – will not be released before 2022.

so the write to dk books, and got a responce....

Thank you for your email and your question about our upcoming title Star Wars The Mandalorian The Ultimate Visual Guide. This title is still set to publish and be released in July and there have not been any mentions of this title being canceled from within our company.

Just to be on the safe side, I passed your email along to our Licensing Creative team in the UK to confirm as I have not heard anything to suggest that this title might be canceled, once I receive confirmation I’ll let you know. I also passed this on to my direct supervisor, our US Director of Publishing Operations, and he confirmed that he also hasn’t heard any mention that this title might be canceled.

ok, they article is a while ago, but the "interconnected series" part sounds legit to me,

but i don't understan what these later series hast to do with these book.

from what i can see the hasbro helmet's top half seems a little elongated compared to the Anovos

Yeah. I'd agree with that.

The Anovos is more accurate, but considering the vast difference in price, the Hasbro is not bad at all. Also, in a dimly lit room the Hasbro helmet shines from the metal look. The Anovos kind of disappears a bit.

I received notice from Sideshow overnight that my Hot Toys Life-size The Child has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to getting this and seeing how it compares with the Sideshow version.

Comparison of the Hot Toys and Sideshow Life-Size The Child

The Hot Toys version (left) has a chubbier look to him and happier looking eyes. I also like the coloring a bit better (including the robe).

The necklace on the Hot Toys version is not the one that came with him. That's the super cool metal version I bought from the link in this thread that is thought to be the original creator. The one it came with is larger and plastic and looks like plastic.

Photo Apr 30, 3 28 44 PM.jpg

As you can see the Hot Toys version is poseable including his mouth.

Photo Apr 30, 3 29 18 PM.jpg

This Grogu is true to form and likes to have snacks.

Photo Apr 30, 3 29 59 PM.jpg

I think the chubbiness to the face really adds a lot of life to him.

Photo Apr 30, 3 31 14 PM.jpg

The Sideshow version is naked under his robes and his robe is not removable.

The Hot Toys version wears a black bodysuit and his robe attaches at four points with snaps.

Photo Apr 30, 3 36 06 PM.jpg

The Hot Toys version can use the Force and levitate.

Photo Apr 30, 3 32 54 PM.jpg

The Hot Toys version comes with a different set of ears and two other sets of hands, but I did not show them in the pictures.

These are the lever knobs from the Razor Crest. The Hot Toys version looks like metal and has a much more realistic look to it. It also has a hole on the opposite side, where the Sideshow version just has an outline of where the hole would be and it's darkened. I do feel the Sideshow version is more accurate in size. My first thought when seeing the Hot Toys version is that it's too small. Both versions have magnets in them, but the Hot Toys version is much stronger and doesn't require that it's held in a specific position.

Photo Apr 30, 3 40 35 PM.jpg

Don't get me wrong... I have no regrets getting the Sideshow version. I have it positioned under my light box in the TV room where the Mandalorian poster is currently being displayed and he is looking up and looks adorable. He reminds me of a child actor that was on set and suddenly became fascinated with the lights or microphone above his head. I also think the Sideshow version is going to hold up better over time since he doesn't have flexible skin that can be moved.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back