Mad Max: Fury Road

The cars are bound for South Africa, final confirmation that the film has been lost to Australia.

Director George Miller had planned to shoot the new film, Fury Road, near Broken Hill, but there was too much rain last year and the usually-desert location was covered in flowers - scarcely the stuff of post-apocalyptic nightmare.

It just seems wrong to not be filming in Oz.

I agree, it's like George Romero taking his zombie films to Canada and passing them off as Western PA. The vehicles look nice and since it's the same director maybe it won't be a total suckfest.

Didn't realize this was still in the works...excited/cautiously optimistic! :)

And yeah Probe Droid, if I ever win the lottery, I'm getting me a Mad Max Interceptor. So cool.

Tom Hardy's (Mad Max's) new ride
mad-max-4-fury-road-interceptor.jpg

So, wait, is this a prequel? A sequel? A side story? A reboot?

The black interceptor, a "Pursuit Special", wasn't the standard MFP car (that'd be the yellow, red, and blue Fords).

If I had to guess, it'd be that this is a reboot, since the visual look seems to be very much The Road Warrior, rather than Mad Max 1. I'd bet they lift story elements from the other films (IE: Max's background), but otherwise I'd guess this is a whole new story.

Thanks, I was worried there for a minute. Nothing against Mel, despite his personal life, but he's way to old for this now. Glad for a recast.

Tom Hardy is a great actor, but he doesn't call to mind Mel Gibson in the slightest. Not impressed with that news.

Are they going to try to tie MM and TRW together? I was always curious about that world, about how there was so much civilization in MM and TRW was just absolute wilderness. I know he went into the wastes, but it feels faaaar more drastic than just a shift in location.

There is a lot of room to play with between MM and TRW which hopefully make for a great flick. Tom Hardy has been in A LOT of films lately and I haven't really been disappointed yet (fingers crossed for Bane:confused)

Are they going to try to tie MM and TRW together? I was always curious about that world, about how there was so much civilization in MM and TRW was just absolute wilderness. I know he went into the wastes, but it feels faaaar more drastic than just a shift in location.

After TRW came out they said MM also happened after an atomic war. That doesn't make any sense to me.
The trains were on schedule, the TV stations still worked and there no mention of it, people obeyed the law, crooks snuck around, and they cared what lawyers thought and due process.
It was more of a society gone bad. Then in TRW they said 'hey, let's say there was an Atomic War!!'
Brilliant idea for a sequel. And Max survived because he was in the outback, because his wife was killed.

Great to finally see some real pics, love the designs, thanks for posting.

I remember sneaking in my brothers car for Mad Max at the drive-in, standing in the cue for hours for Mad Max 2 and nearly walking out of Beyond Thunderdome. Was very wary of Hardys casting but have now got more comfortable with it and look forward to seeing what he brings to the iconic role. Although the production has been forced off shore, the crew is an Australian one and the unique feel of the first two movies i think will still come across.

The third Mad Max movie should have been the story between 1 and 2 but Dr Miller blew that one and theres no going back, the new story is i think, based around a community that left the wateland many moons ago, possibly the same group in MM2, the society of this group is based upon that of the Road Warrior, MFP etc. These people are again terrorised by gangs........ you now the rest.. Really hope it hits the spot. Conformation that BOB is back will make the owners of the ever dwindling supply of XB and XC Coupes very happy.

Never understood why in a world where fuel is a precious commodity, would they drive the most gas guzzling vehicles.

I guess it wouldn't be as entertaining if a guy driving a geo metro was chasing another guy in a prius. lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back