Done / Completed Machined Aluminum Conical Knobs used on X-Wing Chest Box and V2 Lightsaber - Run Closed

I've started machining these today. I should have a firm price on these some time next week. So far, it's still in the $10+ range.

The diamond knurling is a bit tricky, but I will post some photos of the prototypes next week in case there is a preference (Light, Medium, etc.).

I’ll await the prototype pics before weighing in. My gut says medium on the knurl, but I don’t actually have a point of reference. The others I’ve owned seemed to be too light though, the reference pics look pretty pokey!

IMG_0942.JPG

From left to right, light and medium knurling.

Also pictured is the 1/4-20 threading, which is the same size as the Han Hero and ESB blaster mount rods.

When you guys get a chance, let me know what you think. I can possibly go a little lighter and definitely heavier on these. Thanks. ;)

I'm coming up with a total of $15 per part based machining the two prototypes, but if I'm making 25 of these,
$10 per unit should do it. $5 will cover US shipping for any number of units.

Last edited:
I can start taking orders on these as early as today (11/6).
I only have enough aluminum to make 25 units, so once the list fills up, that's it for this run. :)

I'm lucky enough to get a three day weekend coming up, so I expect to get this run done fairly quick. :)

If we do enough, and they end up being 10, ill.commit to 3! I recommend heavier knurling than your medium version.

Is there a reason to not have 1/4 20 Halliwax?

If we do enough, and they end up being 10, ill.commit to 3! I recommend heavier knurling than your medium version.

Is there a reason to not have 1/4 20 Halliwax?

I can drill and tap them to fit my starkiller V2’s which is 6m

Last edited:
Also during this time frame I’ve been told the UK wasn’t strictly using the metric system, they were still commonly using the imperial system as well

So it’s really hit or miss lol

it sounds like we don’t have a specific accurate thread size to give CE, not all AS lots are m5 right?

it sounds like we don’t have a specific accurate thread size to give CE, not all AS lots are m5 right?

All AS were 5m, SH new V2 is 6-32

I have to double check now... AS cone knobs could be 6m...

I know it was 4m booster and 5m and 6m the chuck might be 5 and the knob 6... I’ll report back tonight with the correct thread

EDIT: CORRECTION, the starkiller cone knob is a 6m thread

Last edited:
I'm taking payments now.
Yes, I can avoid drilling your parts. I do have some metric taps. I will check the sizes this weekend. It looks like 5mm is just under 1/4.

Awesome! I was wrong the Anakin starkiller V2 uses a 6m bolt

I’ll re edit my pervious posts

If it’s not difficult I’d love mine to be 6m or blank, I’ll be sending payment tomorrow if I can’t make it tonight

Thank you

Awesome! I was wrong the Anakin starkiller V2 uses a 6m bolt

I’ll re edit my pervious posts

If it’s not difficult I’d love mine to be 6m or blank, I’ll be sending payment tomorrow if I can’t make it tonight

Thank you
You're in luck. I just happen to have a 6mm tap. It's probably left over from some R2 parts.

Sounds good. Thanks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back