Done / Completed Machined Aluminum Conical Knobs used on X-Wing Chest Box and V2 Lightsaber - Run Closed

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
IMG_0942.JPG

I need a couple of these for an ESB prop I'm working on and thought I would throw this out there just in case anyone else was interested in these.

Just put "Pointed Knob" in the message section with the number of units, knurling preference and
your RPF ID (i.e. "2x Pointed Knobs, Medium Knurling, Corellianexports").

Start date (for machining): 11/2/19
Completion/ship date: 11/23/19

Details: Diamond knurling (Medium) with a 1/8" hole in the back for optional threading/mounting.

List:

1. CE (2x - completed)
2. thd971 (3x - Medium - Paid 11/10 - Shipped 11/26)
3. Luuke (4x - Medium - Paid 11/7 - Shipped 11/25)
4. Pedro (4x - Heavy - Paid 11/13 - Re-Shipped 12/2)
5. Halliwax (3x - Heavy - 6mm tap - Paid 11/9 - Shipped 11/26)
6. Blindvoyeur (3x - Medium) (Paid 11/27 - Shipped 11/29)
7. TK9464 (2x - Medium - Paid 11/9 - Shipped 11/25)
8. Maxhebus (3x - 1 Light and 2 Medium) (Paid 11/21 - Shipped 11/30)
9. Rockbottom (1x - Medium - Paid 11/13 - Shipped 11/26)
10. Studio Kitbash (1x - Medium\Heavy - Paid 11/18 - Shipped 11/27)

Total: 26

Last edited:
Hey, what thread count would these cone motor plate nuts be? They're on a lot of props (2 lightsabers, cockpits, costume chestboxes) I think the smaller knurling is more accurate to the 70s too, which I like to see. I'd be down for one at that estimate. Not sure if Pastor Jedi makes them anymore

I'll see if I can get that count this weekend.

I noticed in a reference photo that there is a drilled and tapped hole at the bottom of these. Does anyone know what the exact thread size is? Thanks.

Price range updated.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get to these. I have a different run of parts ahead of these.

I've moved up the start date for machining which is this weekend.

If anyone else is interested in getting in on this run, feel free to post a reply between now and Saturday.

I have updated the waiting list and changed this thread from Interest to a Limited run.

Again, I will start machining these over the weekend and I should be done with them in about a week. I should have a firm price on these at that time.

I've decided to special order the aluminum since I don't have the exact size in stock, so I'm going to delay my start date until at least 10/24 (Thursday).

In the mean time if any one has a preference on the options below, feel free to post a reply (My preference is in brackets):

1. Heavy, Medium, Light or NO diamond knurling (Medium)
2. Threaded 5/32", 1/8" hole or NO hole (1/8" hole)

I would vote for medium knurling, the no knurling would be valuable to people building other props, I think C3PO has one on his chest. Knurled ones are even on the severed hand saber

Also, my vote is for the most readily available tap, as we could just get grub screws for them, and the more standard the better!

thanks for doing these

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back