Limited Run === Luke's Lightsaber : THE LAST JEDI === NOW SHIPPING!!!

Thought I would share this modification. The copper lid on my control box was pretty rough. Some stepping was added to one side but barely, and on the other it was practically non-existent. There were also a lot of copper splinters on the ends. I cleaned things up and modified the stepping on all sides with a hobby file and I'm really pleased with the results.

IMG_9251.jpg

The lid isn't attached if that's noticeable. I still need to drill holes for the triangle inserts.

That’s machined parts for ya. That’s why I deburr every machined part I get by throwing them in my case tumbler. Otherwise they just look rough and unfinished.

Was waiting for my tax return to buy one of these and see they aren’t available anymore. I’d really like to get one. Roman any chance for one last run??

Thanks. Did you try to put some cases with the lightsaber for weathering?
I don't usually use my case tumbler for weathering, but for deburring machined parts (removing machine marks) and/or dulling surfaces. Example: when I finished my Luke V2, I tumbled it until the machine marks were completely gone, THEN I weathered it "normally" (i.e. I damaged it with "conventional" methods, like dropping it on a concrete slab :p) But, I usually deburr everything at once, so the parts tumble against each other and weather themselves a bit anyway.

I was incredibly lucky and happened to pick one of Roman's V4 hilts after the run had ended. It was kind of funny the way it happened though. I had checked the night before to make sure that they were still in stock on Roman's website and then the next day when I finally had enough to pull the trigger they were sold out! Luckily, I put out a 'WTB' ad on here and I was fortunate enough to grab one still in the box that was completely untouched!

I'm going full ROTJ for mine, so I bought an ROTJ Hero card from Slothfurnace, sanded it down, put in the Hero emitter, and gave it a little weathering. Now all I'm waiting for is the PCB run from @knullzero and the arrows from @BRRogers and it will be completely finished in true ROTJ style!

Thank you to Roman for such an amazing saber and to all of those working to make the components for the activation box!

gsfWZNTh.jpg

Last edited:
Just the default blinking pattern on the PCv4 board I'm using to test with but it still looks good with my triangle inserts... I had lost the screws to the copper lid (now found thank the maker) so it was just sitting on the top instead of attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the default blinking pattern on the PCv4 board I'm using to test with but it still looks good with my triangle inserts... I had lost the screws to the copper lid (now found thank the maker) so it was just sitting on the top instead of attached.

https://youtu.be/CTtx392YUuA

I know it's not shown in TLJ but I love that LED arrow effect! Can't wait to do this with mine! Thanks Paul!

Roman, in the next run of balances... are you able to consider including some of the other arrow plate options? It’s an easy enough part to switch out and a great opportunity to customize along with the emitter . IE versions “ROTJ cavescene” & “TLJ whiteglove” specifically

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back