Limited Run Luke V2 Builder's Kit update post 64

I told you troopertrent saved our @$$’s again!!

3297fe43a299fe76d743b8615baede59.jpg

f5ea86568be1d60bba36eaafadf7abd9.jpg

Finalizing things now, this may just be uploaded tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alright gang, so good news. Trent finalized the templates today. we did some test fitting and dialed them in! safe to say they are ready for public use! i made some videos tonight of how to use the templates, and a long video of templating, drilling, and tapping the V3.

while filming the V2, i ran into some issues.

#1 i plan on using this v2 as a Alec Guinness edition. i have not gotten my hands on a toggle switch i like yet (got one coming in the mail) so i dont want to drill and tap holes until i have a correct toggle.
#2 i do not plan on drilling for the mystery chunk (leather tool).

the video i made shows how to use the templates, how to sand down/lathe the leather tool, what bits and taps to use. but doesnt show me actually doing it.

the build log tutorial i am writing up, i used my FX starkiller, as a example, drilling/taping so in pictures you cant tell the difference.

also while filming i forgot to make the machine circle mark in the pommel cube section. Dan told me how he did his, and its really clever and i want to share that with everyone in a video. so i won't be able to do that until tomorrow because i need to pick up a bolt.

if you guys want to see a V2 video like this V3 video in detail, if someone is willing to send me their V2 (builders kit version) ill drill and tap it for free, as long as they let me make a video of it

I have started on the build thread tutorial right now, but dont think ill have that up for 2 more days. a lot of picture transfers.

so here is the V3 tutorial, hope this helps you guys! ill also attach the template file in this post. Trent has some directions for printing them to scale, it only took me 1 try to get it right and im using a cheap 30 dollar printer, his printer knocked it out first try!

Attachments

• template.png
    template.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:
My printer at work nailed the sizing first try, now I just gotta get them home without wrinkling them!

These templates look great, I can't wait to use them. If nothing else I'll get the dimples punched tonight, because I don't know what I'm going to do about the mystery chunk yet (I have a leather tool but no way to cut it, so that might have to wait) and also I definitely don't have the right size tap but that problem is much more easily fixed

Last edited:
Any of these kits left? If so, please PM with price/payment info. I might just be interested.

Although, I’m also wondering if/when the next hero run will be. If soon, then I may hold off until that run.

...of course, the correct answer is “get both”, but I ain’t made ‘o money!

anyone thinking of doing a spring activated grenade section reveal?
like this?

View attachment 845389

... dude... are you some how watching my every move? Hacked into my home security system or something? Lol

I have been trying to get spirt of obi’s chamber to fit. Need to do some custom parts ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have received V2 kit !! It's Awesome!!
But new run does not include
mystery chunks.
So , I want buy metal
mystery chunks if someone donot need it.​
[SUB]
[/SUB]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back