Limited Run Luke V2 Builder's Kit update post 64

Plllllease forgive the dumb question, but... Is it not the ROTJ Hero/stunt clamp card, for a V3? (I have no doubt I'm wrong, just checking!)

099717ef7da6295946be37c6880b2ad2.jpg

This is the v3 today, some time after filming the v3 was taken from the archives and “restored” in silver tape, then touched up with black and copper paint

It was then put on display and supposedly launch inside space on a space shuttle mission (which I personally believe they switched out for a replica when placing it on the space shuttle)

Who ever “restored” did it had no knowledge of the original prop... this is why I say it was molested into this mess we see it as today..

Originally thanks to the wired photo released a little while ago of the resin stunt saber (which is a cast off the v3) we get to see that originally it had a circuit board clamp card like the graflex and V2
a2954e1302e35cca32e9892df761016a.jpg

Like dan suggests, at the time they made the casts, they wanted it to look like the real one they cast it from. So the paint job on the resin stunt should match the v3 during the filming time of RoTJ

The resin stunt like throws at the emperor “you failed your highness”

You can see that resin stunt also to be painted to match the wired photo.. which make me believe that was the state the v3 was back then

I never cared for the v3 in the shape it is today. BUT there are some damn beautiful replicas of it out there! Go check out Rudy’s run he did a few years back, drop dead gorgeous..

I want my beat up v3 to sit beside it’s beat up sister in my display case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Halliwax, wow - thanks for the amazingly comprehensive reply! I really appreciate that. I'm going for a beat up v3 too! I'll follow your tutorial with extreme interest. Thanks so much!

I gotta take some pics and send them to dan tonight. I’m cursed when it comes to 4mm grub screws..

I bought 3 Saturday night, there wasn’t any small plastic bags so I paid for them and put them in my pocket.

Gone lost by the time I got home...

Sunday, ran to Lowe’s and got 2 bags (2 in each bag) came home, and had a list of chores I had to do, can’t find where I put them... when I go for a ride tonight I’ll stop back in and grab some more..

Curse of the 4mm...

Mine arrived safely to the UK today. Got no pics as yet as I run straight into the garage and started my OB1 stunt paint job!

Hmm, since there is black paint under the rim of the emitter and most likely beneath the paint. why doesnt the wired saber have a black emitter? Was the tape done for ROTJ filming?

I gotta take some pics and send them to dan tonight. I’m cursed when it comes to 4mm grub screws..

I bought 3 Saturday night, there wasn’t any small plastic bags so I paid for them and put them in my pocket.

Gone lost by the time I got home...

Sunday, ran to Lowe’s and got 2 bags (2 in each bag) came home, and had a list of chores I had to do, can’t find where I put them... when I go for a ride tonight I’ll stop back in and grab some more..

Curse of the 4mm...

Thanks so much for all the detailed information you have provided! I like the Roman's V3 clamp solution, but I've heard they could be difficult to mate to this V2-V3. I might try a modified The Graflex Shop or The Custom Saber Shop clamp-haven't ordered it yet. Do you have any preferences for Graflex clamps? It appears most prefer the lettered clamps for accuracy. I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend the $$ for a vintage clamp to modify. Are you going to weather the clamp and lever, too?

I think I'll get 2 cards from Slothfurnace and see which one I like better (V3/Hero w wide stripes or the ESB Vintage, like I have in my Graflex ESB conversion).

Thanks again!

I've heard they could be difficult to mate to this V2-V3. I might try a modified The Graflex Shop or The Custom Saber Shop clamp-haven't ordered it yet. Do you have any preferences for Graflex clamps? It appears most prefer the lettered clamps for accuracy
I've got both a Roman's and a TGS clamp ordered, so I'll be making this choice pretty soon, hopefully. I definitely prefer lettered clamps myself

Thanks so much for all the detailed information you have provided! I like the Roman's V3 clamp solution, but I've heard they could be difficult to mate to this V2-V3. I might try a modified The Graflex Shop or The Custom Saber Shop clamp-haven't ordered it yet. Do you have any preferences for Graflex clamps? It appears most prefer the lettered clamps for accuracy. I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend the $$ for a vintage clamp to modify. Are you going to weather the clamp and lever, too?

I think I'll get 2 cards from Slothfurnace and see which one I like better (V3/Hero w wide stripes or the ESB Vintage, like I have in my Graflex ESB conversion).

Thanks again!

I only use roman clamps, never had a problem with mine?

I just ordered a clamp from The Graflex Shop. I picked the blemished option and requested for stamped letters. I know that I'll need to drill the 3 holes and completely remove the inwardly bent tabs for it to work. Halliwax, do you know the placement and sizes of the three drilled holes in the V3 clamp? Is the clamp oriented upside down when cinched to the saber hilt?

I still like the deeply stamped or etched TCSS replica clamp with black letters. I'll probably order one for a future V2 build.

This community rocks!

- - - Updated - - -

Really cool Dan!!

I'm also happy to announce that I will have a new batch of V2 clamp levers in the making. They might even be a little lower in price, because I have managed to reduce the cost.

Roy

Saw WannaWanga is out of clamp levers until sometime in October. Anyone know of another source for V2 clamp levers?

I don't know the status of the clamp levers, but originally they were planning to crank some out.

for some reason my romans V3 clamp was too small. Like, the lever wouldn't thread through. So i had to sand this V2 down HEAVILY to get the clamp to slide on in a rather open position

I just ordered a clamp from The Graflex Shop. I picked the blemished option and requested for stamped letters. I know that I'll need to drill the 3 holes and completely remove the inwardly bent tabs for it to work. Halliwax, do you know the placement and sizes of the three drilled holes in the V3 clamp? Is the clamp oriented upside down when cinched to the saber hilt?

I still like the deeply stamped or etched TCSS replica clamp with black letters. I'll probably order one for a future V2 build.

This community rocks!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know the status of the clamp levers, but originally they were planning to crank some out.

He holes are 4mm up from the edge, and 8mm circles

What my goal is is this.. I plan on making paper templates, these templates will lay onto the v3 so you can mark exactly where everything needs to drill

I am still working out grub screw sizes, I picked up another 4mm right now, I’m taking some pics and want dan to check the scaling . Once he decides on what size I’m gonna write everything up, document with pictures and video

With the paper templates for the hole locations I can probably do the same for the clamps. But it will most likely only work on a Romans..

I will cover the clamp holes too, but my main mission right now is to decide what screws we are going with, and start work from there.

Sorry for the late reply’s guys, doing the best I can. Getting ready for a killer storm, hopefully it’s nothing!

He holes are 4mm up from the edge, and 8mm circles

What my goal is is this.. I plan on making paper templates, these templates will lay onto the v3 so you can mark exactly where everything needs to drill.

With the paper templates for the hole locations I can probably do the same for the clamps. But it will most likely only work on a Romans..

Thanks, I'll definitely use any templates you publish. Most of the clamps should theoretically be similar in dimensions and the paper templates should not require much or possibly no modification. The Graflex tubes are 1.5 inches in diameter.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back