Luke Skywalker "Ahch-to" native island style Saber storage crate Ideas??

APOLLO IND

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought about building a some sort of native island storage crate for Luke's (retired?) green lightsaber. Supposedly it is in the care of some of the native island caretakers. Ideas on the lore of the island? The language? Common materials available there? If we could gather some info, we could theoretically craft some awesome saber crates that are ideally accurate to something a native caretaker would have in their Ahch-To island home! (And something to display all of our AWESOME Anakin Starkiller sabers in;)) If we create something awesome, who knows where our ideas may go...there's no tellin' here on the RPF!

Here's what we know:

"Ahch-To was an aquatic planet which served, three decades after the Galactic Civil War, as the home to Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, who went into exile seeking the first Jedi Temple after his new generation of Jedi were killed by Kylo Ren. Ahch-To had numerous islands, which Skywalker sought out during his exile. After the Resistance pieced together two map fragments to reveal Skywalker's location, Rey traveled to Ahch-To in the Millennium Falcon accompanied by R2-D2 and Chewbacca, in search of him "

Last edited:
Well, I did a quick reading and took a look through some images, apparently the tree were the "sacred jedi texts" were stored was a Uneti tree, native to Ach-to but there was also one in courouscant outside the temple apparently.

To me, the Lanai have a very basic Architecture if you take alook at the shak where Luke stays, you can see the caretakers craft some items from wood like brooms or the cart rey destrys. If they crafted the storage crate I cant imagine it being other thing than wood.

Maybe the crate was made ages ago and it has the same depiction of the prime jedi on i as the one in the temple.

CaretakerVillage-SoH.png
star-wars-the-last-jedi-force-tree-explained-1068750-1280x0.jpeg
ghkxlfbgtynyihs2jwvqtxbaopmff9qzuu53rfqlffpwthy3xsji2zjkwtol7g7i.jpg
star-wars-last-jedi-visual-dictionary-14.jpg
TLJ_Rey_inside_Uneti_Tree.jpg

I really love these on Etsy:

Jedi lightsaber box

would be cool if it was something like that
Yeah very cool, although it looks a lot like any other saber box! Going for something sort of original maybe?

Maybe you could get more info in the VD about their language or by looking at those pictures more closely.
Very awesome research!! Will definitely do some digging! Keep the research going it’s awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a rough pieced together wooden box with ancient carvings, and some sort of sinew and bone accents maybe?

Here's what I could find on the language of the Lanais: Lanai's language
Not much here... it does mention that a written language wasnt super common there, as they mostly used hand signals and speaking, but not alot of writing.

So the vessel would probably definitely have carvings, pieced together driftwood of some kind, bone, and some sort of sinew. I think we should look at designing something of that nature!

Maybe a rough pieced together wooden box with ancient carvings, and some sort of sinew and bone accents maybe?
You could use fish bones from the one luke gets in ep. 8, maybe get some inspiration from the spear he uses to catch it, I tried to get a picture of the spear itself but I couldn´t get any decent ones right now.

Porg feathers could also be used to decorate the outside of the box in some way...
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Now we're thinkin' outside the box! Lovin' it man! I'll be back with sketches!

I was also thinking of linen cloth of sorts on the inside as well!

Have it wrapped around the saber for protection? certainly seems to be a common way of storing them hahahaha.

I think if we could get some better pictures of these we could get a lot more info on materials and their aesthetic style, I have no idea of what they are but they seem quite promising.

Captura.PNG

We all know how Lucasfilm borrows from different cultures in design elements why not use the history of the Island it was filmed at (Skellig Michael in Ireland) as an influence? It was an early Christian Monastery supposedly founded in the 6th century (they don't know the actual date). So I would use early Christian/Celtic design with a twist of the old runic symbols on the Lothal Jedi Temple from season 4 of Rebels. Or even the images of the Mortis "Overlords."

I'm sure you've built your box at this point but just in case you didn't. :)

We all know how Lucasfilm borrows from different cultures in design elements why not use the history of the Island it was filmed at (Skellig Michael in Ireland) as an influence? It was an early Christian Monastery supposedly founded in the 6th century (they don't know the actual date). So I would use early Christian/Celtic design with a twist of the old runic symbols on the Lothal Jedi Temple from season 4 of Rebels. Or even the images of the Mortis "Overlords."

I'm sure you've built your box at this point but just in case you didn't. :)
I'm not sure what way filoni and favreau are taking the story now, but I'm very excited. I'll come back to this thread if any more ideas or info is uncovered about the subject.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back