Luke ROTJ Yuma Metal Stunt saber

Caine Drathul

I know that a run of these was done on here by Anakin Starkiller, but I haven't been able to find any pics.

I did an LED one with parts from the Custom Saber Shop. No sound in this one, but one heckuva dueler.

Anyways, your pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Caine! It's Aaron from Cap City Jedi.

You're looks amazing, especially for MHS pieces!

Here's a pic of my Anakin Starkiller, though the (unfinished) Hero box is currently attached to it. The Yuma box is still packed away.
11-14-11_2016.jpg

Those look great!

And hey, Aaron! Yeah, it was a fun one to build. The simple Yuma box that Acerocket did makes all the difference, eh?

I weathered it to match this pic, and think it looks pretty close

lukerotj2tt3.jpg

Are you going to add the Yuma activation switch that the arrow is pointing out?

No, I decided to keep it the way it was because to me it looks like two countersunk screws.

If I decided to do another one with sound, I will put the switch in the box...hard part is though, the machinist who made them has no more left. I can use a standard TCSS box style 1, but it won't look 100% right.

No, I decided to keep it the way it was because to me it looks like two countersunk screws.

If I decided to do another one with sound, I will put the switch in the box...hard part is though, the machinist who made them has no more left. I can use a standard TCSS box style 1, but it won't look 100% right.

No no, I'm not talking about the countersunk screws (and yes, that's what those are...and brass). On the side of the box there is actually an activation switch. I was shown a 1524 x 2519 hi-res version of that photo. You can see every little chip and scrape, and a long, thin activation switch with beveled corners. Anakin Starkiller included one with his kit. I'd take a pic for you, but I lost the tiny part.

No no, I'm not talking about the countersunk screws (and yes, that's what those are...and brass). On the side of the box there is actually an activation switch. I was shown a 1524 x 2519 hi-res version of that photo. You can see every little chip and scrape, and a long, thin activation switch with beveled corners. Anakin Starkiller included one with his kit. I'd take a pic for you, but I lost the tiny part.

Oooh, I would be interested to see that pic. You still have access to it?

Necro post! just throwing this idea out there - the Yuma stunt in the pic above under Mark's chin - are we sure the grip rings are beveled on the edges? The way the shadows are cast, it looks like the black in between is flat. (Except for the shoulder)

That Yuma is also the saber Luke has when he gets shot in the hand. Was just looking at that shot wondering about the box. My question answered!

Necro post! just throwing this idea out there - the Yuma stunt in the pic above under Mark's chin - are we sure the grip rings are beveled on the edges? The way the shadows are cast, it looks like the black in between is flat. (Except for the shoulder)

The saber body on this prop is the exact same one as the hero saber. This is 100% confirmed.

Dan

I have had access to a high res photo of the prop during it's use in Yuma. (Unfortunately I cannot publish it). But, from examining this photo, you can see that the dimensions match on both sabers, and in particular, the idiosyncratic positioning of each grip ridge and the angle of the ridges is the same.

huh, well that makes sense :lol goes to show how much pictures can seem subjective. cool though, thanks Dan. i appreciate it

It was not used in the Luke and Vader duel. The Yuma stunt was made by ILM for shooting in the US (after filming the duel in the UK). It became the ROTJ hero with the removal of the blade and addition of the circuit board. It appears in the close up shot in Vaders hands. That was an insert filmed at ILM.

To clarify the Yuma stunt is only in two of those pics (bottom right, V1card). The one labeled V2 is the V2 saber during the Ewok village scenes. The "angled silver button" is a Graflex lever- probably the Shared Stunt.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back