Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

FarStarbuck

Just measured my cast stunt hilt configured to the full V2 assembly (so, minus motor and switch but keeping the driveshaft), and it weighs in at 1 lb. 8.16 oz, or roughly 824 grams. With the full motor assembly, it weighs in at 1 lb. 12.16 oz, or roughly 794 grams.

Measuring my latest raw cast, it weighed in at 1 lb. 7.25 oz, or roughly 659 grams.

If you get me some pictures I will add it to the post

FarStarbuck

Just measured my cast stunt hilt configured to the full V2 assembly (so, minus motor and switch but keeping the driveshaft), and it weighs in at 1 lb. 8.16 oz, or roughly 685 grams. With the full motor assembly, it weighs in at 1 lb. 12.16 oz, or roughly 798 grams.

Measuring my latest raw cast, it weighed in at 1 lb. 7.25 oz, or roughly 659 grams.
Thank so much man!

That’s really interesting how heavy it geta with the motor inside etc. A lot of food for thought now!

my personal "Legend Edition" with all metal chassis weighs in at 1lb 11.1oz. the ones in my run will be far lighter since all those chassis parts are 3d printed

legend1.jpg

legend2.jpg

Fake the pictures, no need to have them on the scale

No faking!

FarStarbuck

Just measured ... With the full motor assembly, it weighs in at 1 lb. 12.16 oz, or roughly 798 grams.

20200529_174018.jpg
20200529_174033.jpg

...my cast stunt hilt configured to the full V2 assembly (so, minus motor and switch but keeping the driveshaft), and it weighs in at 1 lb. 8.16 oz, or roughly 685 grams.

20200529_174820.jpg
20200529_174841.jpg

I had to remeasure my raw cast as I forgot to reset it back to zero after weighing the stunt (like an idiot). So, measuring my latest raw cast, it weighed in at 1 lb. 7.95 oz, or roughly 679 grams.

20200529_174948.jpg
20200529_174959.jpg

I want to say that if the V2 is noticeably hefty without the motor inside then it probably is newly machined and thicker walled like Dan's first run or bored out from a cast pull. Rules out the thinner more intricate saber I had pictured in my head

I want to say that if the V2 is noticeably hefty without the motor inside then it probably is newly machined and thicker walled like Dan's first run or bored out from a cast pull. Rules out the thinner more intricate saber I had pictured in my head

Thin with this kinda cast metal is a no-no! It cracks, warps, dings, and threading tear out way too easily.

So after years of not being interested in the V2, I finally got bit by the bug and quarantine has me DEEP down the rabbit hole. I’ve been using the incredible weathering guide/video series [mention]Halliwax [/mention]put together to help me plan my build. In searching for reference photos it seems that pictures showing the bottom of the pommel are hard to come by. The only decent ones I’ve been able to find are from Brandon Alinger’s original reveal in 2015. As such, before I do permanent damage to my 2019 Solo’s Hold V2 I thought I would study those photos. Below are the results of too much time spent looking at pixelated photos.

The red areas represent common damage that seemed to map well to both photos.

The yellow crescent moon area looks like softer concavity to my eyes, almost like it was struck off angle by a small hammer or something similar.

The green line had me stumped. The way it comes down the pommel cube angled face then seems to transition right into the edge between pommel cubes seemed odd. My thinking is that this is possibly the clear fishing line that was left on the pommel after RotJ, or maybe some used to stage this photo?

Let me know if you have any thoughts, or *fingers crossed* better reference photos!

Adjustments.jpg

To stoke the flames of interest once more into what the Mystery Chunk might be (inspired by the recent new pics of the Bunker Detonator from Prop Store), I did a little more searching recently.

Could the Mystery Chunk be a variation of some kind of hobnail?

Mountaineering-Swiss-Hobnails.png
Mountaineering-Swiss-Hobnails2.png

Now, these aren't right but as far as "real-world" items that come close to what the Mystery Chunk might be, these are the closest I've come across. The ones pictured are Swiss/Mountaineering hobnails. There are others in abundance without the blackening and are WW2 vintage, only minus the checkering/knurling on the face. I've purchased both to see what can be done with them. Will definitely be letting this thread know once I get them.

Attachments

• Mountaineering-Swiss-Hobnails.png
    Mountaineering-Swiss-Hobnails.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back