Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

n
is this bob andersen on the left?
attachment.jpg
nice platform boots Bob. jkg

Did y'all know they rehearsed this scene with the V2 upside down? (the way Vader carries it, and it's handed over to Vader) Thanks to Montagar I think for adding it to the RPFs own albums

BackwardsV2.jpg

Scottjua has mentioned on his patreon in the next couple of days he’s releasing a new video series. he is now going to do interviews with people in the prop community. I’ve been told his first guest is a Mr Brandon Alinger!

If anything now is the time to become a second tier patron, can’t wait to see this new series of Scott’s!

i know you would think it should happen the other way, with the top mushrooming over. but if you are pitching the bar in a tiny hole, the sides will expand, once the sides cant move anymore, the top will then mushroom over.

you know me, once i can find some square stock (im surfing lowes as we speak) im going to do some test runs

another question i always had is... is the mystery chunk aluminum?! its a very dark color. is it a titanium instead? i doubt titanium will wrap like that with it being such a harder metal... but i wonder why it looks so dirty.. which also makes me think it was some kind of square stock used for a keyway... like when you double keyway a crank

crank keyway
hrdp_0606_06_zsupercharged_LS1_Gen_IIIcrank_keyway.jpg
woodruff key?

Forgive me please if this has been answered before but I have failed to see any kind of measurement of weight for the V2.
Does anyone have a rough idea of the weight of the prop?
Thank you.

Buddy If I wanted sarcasm I would have asked on Reddit.
Anyone else with an actual intelligent answer?

Buddy, here's "an actual intelligent answer"... nobody knows the exact weight, except for the owner of the original.
If you've done just a bit of searching, you'd know many details of the V2 is still a mystery to the public.

Buddy, here's "an actual intelligent answer"... nobody knows the exact weight, except for the owner of the original.
If you've done just a bit of searching, you'd know many details of the V2 is still a mystery to the public.

I think my question was a legitimate request for information of which you decided to be completely unhelpful.

If the weight is unknown then say that. Don’t be a douche. I know details are sketchy but since so much has been discovered and continues to be discovered forgive me for asking if the weight of the prop had been uncovered or perhaps an estimate.

Despite it saying New Member next to my profile I have been on the RPF for a while. Thankfully my time here has been good and the people I have conversed with over the V2 helpful.
Please keep your assumptions to yourself around my knowledge of this prop. You have no idea what I know or don’t know.
This is a forum for people to come together and share information and be helpful.
If you don’t want to do that or have no intention of helping those coming into this forum then perhaps you shouldn’t be commenting.

Easy guys, FarStarbuck I'm sure PrinceZip was just being funny, and we can all do with a bit of a giggle these days. PrinceZip is also correct, as far as I know anyway, that there is no exact measurement listed here or elsewhere at this time. Brandon Alinger's the only one with the answer, and he's probably going to keep it a secret.

I can tell you, just for a rough guesstimate, that an AnakinStarkiller V2 from the 2018 run, with a real GRAFLEX CLAMP, weighs in at 13.710 ounces.

If you ask really nicely, you might get scottjua or one of the other guys who have been over to Brandon's to examine the V2, to say whether or not an AS-V2 is lighter or heavier than the real V2. But that's as close to an accurate measurement as we will probably ever get.

You might also ask SolosHold what his V2 ended up weighing. Someone that bought one might be kind enough to chime in on that weight too.

Good Luck! on your V2 research!

Easy guys, FarStarbuck I'm sure PrinceZip was just being funny, and we can all do with a bit of a giggle these days. PrinceZip is also correct, as far as I know anyway, that there is no exact measurement listed here or elsewhere at this time. Brandon Alinger's the only one with the answer, and he's probably going to keep it a secret.

I can tell you, just for a rough guesstimate, that an AnakinStarkiller V2 from the 2018 run, with a real GRAFLEX CLAMP, weighs in at 13.710 ounces.

If you ask really nicely, you might get scottjua or one of the other guys who have been over to Brandon's to examine the V2, to say whether or not an AS-V2 is lighter or heavier than the real V2. But that's as close to an accurate measurement as we will probably ever get.

You might also ask SolosHold what his V2 ended up weighing. Someone that bought one might be kind enough to chime in on that weight too.

Good Luck! on your V2 research!
Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

I have a 2018 Anakin Starkiller V2 with the Graflex Clamp etc etc. What I was trying to do was get an understanding of the rough weight as I feel it’s a little on the light side at the moment. I certainly don’t find it to be heavy. However my intention is to build electronics inside and so want to factor all this with any additional weight I may need.
Brandon has been kind enough to share details before we can always hope the weight is something that may come with time. I understood that some people have had time with the prop which is why given all the details they did get we still don’t have the exact weight. Someone needs to sneak a scale with them next time!
Thanks again for your reply.

... I have a 2018 Anakin Starkiller V2 with the Graflex Clamp ... as I feel it’s a little on the light side at the moment. I certainly don’t find it to be heavy. ...
Yeah, it's not quite the same experience as hefting a Roman's MK1 or REAL PARTS Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber. But there's always the Roman's Steel V2...

One of these days I'm going to have to pick one of those up from Roman!

The Roman's MK1 is very akin to a GRAFLEX full-o-batteries to me... that's what a real lightsaber feels like. And that's what keeps me thinking about the Steel V2. ;)

Yeah, it's not quite the same experience as hefting a Roman's MK1 or REAL PARTS Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber. But there's always the Roman's Steel V2...

One of these days I'm going to have to pick one of those up from Roman!

The Roman's MK1 is very akin to a GRAFLEX full-o-batteries to me... that's what a real lightsaber feels like. And that's what keeps me thinking about the Steel V2. ;)
Wow

Yeah I’m sure it’s a pretty price too hahah.
But I’m still gonna look. I agree Im just used to a Luke Hero I have made out of one piece of solid aluminium and it feels so good in the hand. Defo gonna check that out for my sins.
Thank you again
Actually not bad the price considering what you get. Hmmmmmmm

Also wouldn’t the REAL PARTS Obi Wan weight be a good measure for the V2 with their shared history?

Last edited:
I’ll weigh them all this weekend

Starkillers Gen1 v2 from 2015 is probably the closest weight to the real prop, since that one also sports a accurate “motor chamber”

Let me dig out my walter white scale

I mean! My resin scale
Hahahah

Thanks for jumping in friend.
You’re a gent.

I’ve asked those crazy great Obi Wan Real Parts fellas for their input too as perhaps that props weight is relevant too.
Might as well collect all the data right?

Hope youre well man

Lovely JoeG responded to my post. So 2lbs dead on was the answer. Which makes it more than double the weight of my Anakin Starkiller. It’s a start.

Last edited:
Also wouldn’t the REAL PARTS Obi Wan weight be a good measure for the V2 with their shared history?

Hey FarStarbuck ! No, not really. Though they share similar shapes, the REAL PARTS Obi-Wan Lightsaber is made from Inconel, Brass, Steel, Chromed Brass, Steel, and Chromed Plastic and Stainless Steel, whereas the bulk of the V2 is made from Aluminum. Sure, the thickness of all the different parts of both lightsabers might end up bringing their weights close to one another, but I would think that it would be an awfully unlikely coincidence if they were the same weight.

Hey Halliwax ! Did you ever purchase a Solo's Hold V2? Chalk one up in the weight lineup if you can, I'd love to see how they all compare!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back