Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Is the circular section underneath the item a washer or part of it?

I’ve been following both the mine and this thread. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I posted a link on the mines thread to this thread because another member recognized the part as matching the mystery chunk.

So is that a washer underneath? Maybe not. I did a lot of searching on hobnails and other types of devices that serve the same function but not called hobnails. As a result, I did see similar designs that had a squared design but had a round base. So the one used on the mine might be all one part.

Another thing to consider about this part if it is a device that goes into boot soles for addition traction is that a lot of those designs also used a screw-in design as opposed to a press-in or nail design. I assume this helped the parts stay in the boot sole better. I would speculate that in cases such as the V2 were there was a pre-exiting hole, they were looking for something to fill it. I think they used the mystery chunk because it was large enough to screw in place of the hole they needed filled.

Yep, that's pretty much been the understanding for years. (y);)

Yes, but you're missing the point of what I am trying to say. I am just stating the background info to support my case.

What I am trying to say is that if... IF... the chunk is indeed a sole traction device like a hobnail, then I believe it is the kind that screw-in style vs the tack style.

Photo to show attachment style, not a match of design.

Hobnail_PSF.png

I believe the interview is on his patreon...
I have a feeling he would be betraying the tenants of patreon if he just... ya know. I don’t know. Support!!
I can’t confirm if it’s correct or has a mount or much anything yet because I don’t have it yet.

I remember reading on an old thread here/heard up the grapevine around these parts, that whatever it is, it's forcibly wedged into the pommel and you can see the damage from the inside.

Again, just hear-say.

I remember reading on an old thread here/heard up the grapevine around these parts, that whatever it is, it's forcibly wedged into the pommel and you can see the damage from the inside.

Again, just hear-say.
I believe the interview is on his patreon...
I have a feeling he would be betraying the tenants of patreon if he just... ya know. I don’t know. Support!!
I can’t confirm if it’s correct or has a mount or much anything yet because I don’t have it yet.

To add. Yes. When the time is right, we'll reveal it. But yes. It is no longer a mystery to some of us.;)

Based on some of the photos of the original found item. It is unmistakable.

I’m curious what it is out of curiosity sake but honestly if I never found out what it actually is I don’t really care. The only V2 I own is the MR and I’ll never buy a newer, more accurate version of the saber. I’d probably replace the screw with an accurate replica of the ‘chunk’ if it was cheap but I’m good with the screw. I’ve never been overly fascinated with the ROTJ Luke saber, I’m more a Graflex guy.

I’m curious what it is out of curiosity sake but honestly if I never found out what it actually is I don’t really care. The only V2 I own is the MR and I’ll never buy a newer, more accurate version of the saber. I’d probably replace the screw with an accurate replica of the ‘chunk’ if it was cheap but I’m good with the screw. I’ve never been overly fascinated with the ROTJ Luke saber, I’m more a Graflex guy.

For all the years I’ve been on this forum, I was the same way. Then one day, earlier this year, I got bit by the V2 bug... now I own two. It’ll get you one day.

My main interest in the V2 was because I had a Luke Return of the Jedi costume and the V2 is the only one you could wear because the ring was not directly aligned with the control box and the d ring shape hung better on the belt hook. The hero saber tri ring does not sit well on the hook and because the ring is directly aligned with the control box, the box digs into your leg.

So what is with all the cloak and dagger stuff? I can only assume that someone is going to make available the ultimate replica for sale and they want to keep anyone else from learning the details and offering a high detailed replica before anyone else. It might explain the high number of V2s being dumped in the junkyard if certain people knew such a thing was coming.

Maybe I’m just jaded but I can’t think of another reason other than money why information isn’t flowing freely on this board. But if it’s something else, I’d love to know.

The V2s in the junkyard have nothing to do with this find. Replicas have not even been discussed. It’s actually been the opposite. Trying to find a way to offer the vintage items at or around the same price as the replicas that are in the market. If made public, then the scalpers would swoop in before that could be arranged.

Nothing is being shared because the items are not yet in hand. Bryan found them 2 weeks ago and we did hours of research and searching locating some.

Some good faith info. These do not attach via nail or screw.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back