mothman

Hi everyone. here is my budget movie room. it started out as a car port. finished off a couple walls built a tiered floor and custom built an aquarium where the window was. the whole thing was just under $2000! all the work i did including about half the props and the front row of seating, and the rest was ebay and pawnshops the sound system is klipsch synergy(sounds great) with a hitachi projector running component. let me know what you think. Thanks:)
8274-johns-movie-room-1.png

8276-johns-movie-room-3.png

here is the aquarium for inside the room
8275-john-movie-room-2.png

and from the other room looking in
8278-what-looks-like-other-side-fish-tank.jpg

8282-johns-movie-room-6.png

Re: Low budget movie room!!

I think the room highlights what is so great about this forum. Making something excellent. Good job.

Cheers

Sebastian

Re: Low budget movie room!!

pictures are from my phone as soon as i find my camera i'll put better pictures up.

Last edited:
Re: LOW BUDGET MOVIE ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!! can still looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice setup. I too went with Klipsch Synergy. I used the surrounds as the rears and bought some Klipsch S-10's for the surrounds in my 7.1 setup. Great sound. I built a carpeted/lighted deck for the rear seats which also houses four Kicker Comp CVR subwoofers. The sound and bass is absolutely incredible. I went with a light darkening 125" automatic screen that covers over a window, with theater curtains all around. There's a lighted grand oak entrance with matching curtains and a working full size popcorn machine. I really need to post pics. I spent about $3,000 for my setup (plus $1,500 for the recliner seats - holds six), but everything was last year's model and would have cost over $8500 at a retail store. The whole setup looks like a $15k professional setup, but it's amazing how far patience, bargaining, and doing it yourself can go.

Re: LOW BUDGET MOVIE ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!! can still looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sound-proofing? i hear egg cartons locked together and stapled to a wall will stop sound real nice. and then a wall over that to cover up the ugly egg cartons.

but... perhaps that is going a little too far, it's not like a recording studio.

but, noone wants to hear some neighbor honking their car horn over and over while trying to pick someone up that happens to be running late...

sound-proofing? i hear egg cartons locked together and stapled to a wall will stop sound real nice. and then a wall over that to cover up the ugly egg cartons.

but... perhaps that is going a little too far, it's not like a recording studio.

but, noone wants to hear some neighbor honking their car horn over and over while trying to pick someone up that happens to be running late...

Very true, luckly the existing 2 walls are brick and i built in sound proofing on the other 2 with the help of my home depo book. outside the house at above tolorable volume all you can hear is a very slight bass sound from the woofer but it's not bad. the egg cartoons sounds like a good idea from what i read sound travel though the studs so the crates coverd by drywall should dampen the sound transfer.

When I first read this, I read it as a "low budget movie" room. :lol

Excellent job man! :D

Very true, luckly the existing 2 walls are brick and i built in sound proofing on the other 2 with the help of my home depo book. outside the house at above tolorable volume all you can hear is a very slight bass sound from the woofer but it's not bad. the egg cartoons sounds like a good idea from what i read sound travel though the studs so the crates coverd by drywall should dampen the sound transfer.

my fellow supernatural being has got his act together!

Re: LOW BUDGET MOVIE ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!! can still look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is awesome! no like seriously! ... ive been inside this theater room and its pretty insane the kind of stuff mothman comes up with. outstanding !

Re: LOW BUDGET MOVIE ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!! can still look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally think this kick butt! I like the whole lay out!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back