Lost in Space (NETFLIX) Season 2

Just finished it. While season two was better than one, one thing still bugs me. When will they actually get “lost in space”?
Technically, they've been lost in space all of this time. It's just that they haven't spent all of their time that they've been lost, in space. But it looks like that in S3 they'll be spending more time lost in space.

Technically, they've been lost in space all of this time. It's just that they haven't spent all of their time that they've been lost, in space. But it looks like that in S3 they'll be spending more time lost in space.

not really. They have been marooned on planets, stuck in an expanse, or on space stations, but they have not actually been lost in space as of yet.

not really. They have been marooned on planets, stuck in an expanse, or on space stations, but they have not actually been lost in space as of yet.

They were lost in space until they got marooned on the two planets, and the space station was actually a large spaceship and seeing as how it was in orbit around a planet, it can be said that it was lost in space as well, esp. since they didn't know where they were exactly.

By that measure, then the family in the original series wasn't "lost in space" either...

Not true. Each week they went to different planets, got caught up in different dangerous adventures. This new version it would seem that the family is never far away from any of their former colleagues. That is the point I’m making, and I’m sure it was clearly understood.

Not true. Each week they went to different planets, got caught up in different dangerous adventures. This new version it would seem that the family is never far away from any of their former colleagues. That is the point I’m making, and I’m sure it was clearly understood.

Not all that different from what we see in the Netflix series. Only difference is that it's no longer just the Robinsons that are lost but an entire colony ship's worth of people. But the fact remains that all involved are definitely lost in space; they don't know where they are, they're far from home, and they're cut off from any outside help.

Not all that different from what we see in the Netflix series. Only difference is that it's no longer just the Robinsons that are lost but an entire colony ship's worth of people. But the fact remains that all involved are definitely lost in space; they don't know where they are, they're far from home, and they're cut off from any outside help.

Fair enough. Valid points.

Actually, in the original series they did not go to new planets each week. In fact they went to very few planets at all. Most all of their adventures took place on the same couple of planets.

To be fair, even with the original show, they didn't spend all their time being lost, in space, either.

Did it not bother anyone how incredibly easy Smith fools everyone on the mothership? Like so incredibly easily. No one gave any statements to what she did at all? I mean, the show plays the absurd pretty close to the heart, but maybe I just can't stand her voice and sob backstory. Everyone has a sob backstory. How fun.

I'm honestly not a fan of Smith at all. Hated her in the first season and even though they tried to make her not an evil bitch in the second, she still needs to get pushed out an airlock (for real this time). I had a problem with most of the human characters this year. Way too much mustache-twirling for my taste.

Did it not bother anyone how incredibly easy Smith fools everyone on the mothership? Like so incredibly easily. No one gave any statements to what she did at all? I mean, the show plays the absurd pretty close to the heart, but maybe I just can't stand her voice and sob backstory. Everyone has a sob backstory. How fun.

I know, it seems as if no one met the real doc ever.

When did she kill in cold blood? She spaced the guy in a panic...
Exactly. She panicked and locked the guy in the airlock. Then when it was beginning to cycle she took a bit long deliberating whether or not she should help him or not. This version of Dr. Smith is many things but a cold blooded murderer she is not. She's capable of killing someone through inaction or setting them up for extreme risk, but she's never been one to go too far out of her way to kill someone.

My least favorite character is the mother. Just can't handle how smug she is all the time and how she seems to think she knows best about everything.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back